Chapter 17 - A new arrival

**Couldn't stay away from the story, so update may be badly typed as it's done on my phone**

The day after I'd seen Jane I wasn't suffering from any Jet Lag, so at 12 dad took me to Uni so I could go to my afternoon classes, when I arrived it was the start of lunch.

I saw Sam and Chris sat with another boy, he was short, with black hair, he was sat on the bench with my friends laughing about something Sam must have said, she is very comical round new people. I wandered over there. Suddenly I realised I was mesmerised by this boys charm. He looked at me and smiled, I felt goofy and had butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey, I'm Richard"

I smiled and introduced myself, he patted the empty space on the bench next to him and I looked down at my chair.

"I kind of can't" I stated, as if he hadn't noticed.

"God! Sorry, I didn't realise, you're just so beautiful" as cheesy as it was, he was a gentlemen, and slid across the seat to be closer to me.

I hadn't quite noticed what was wrong, but then I hadn't seen his leg. His right foot was prosthetic, so I gathered his whole leg was, but I didn't want to ask him too soon.

We all sat together for a while and Richard talked about how he wanted to go travelling but could never get the money, funny enough he wanted to travel round Canada, coincidence?

Richard offered to walk me to class, he went behind me and pushed me, although it made me feel useless, it was nice to give my arms a break.

"So how comes you're in the chair?" He asked, he seemed to not care for my feelings by the way he spoke, but I couldn't have cared less at the time.

"Hit by a car" I spoke without emotion, as if I no longer cared for the incident.

"Ah me too" he replied, gradually slowing down his words. "I was out with my parents when I was 12, it was a gorgeous day...I never saw the car when I ran across the road"

He sounded like he was going to cry but he coughed and suddenly we were at class.

Without thinking I spoke.

"Come back to mine tonight? My dad won't mind and we can talk properly, find out about each other"

He thought for a second looking straight at the wall behind me.

"Sure gorgeous. Sounds great"

He left and I went into class dazed by him. All I could think of were his dark mysterious eyes and quirky smile, he was so handsome, but cute at the same time, I had a different feeling when I was with him. Like something was there that was missing before.

The day ended quickly and me and Richard got picked up by my dad.

Richard talked to my dad about rugby the entire journey home, he was a big fan, although my dad was more into football. Dad smiled at me as Richard got out of the car, well that's Dad's approval sorted.

Richard wheeled me to my room, and sat down on my bed, he pulled me towards him.

"I can feel it"

I was shocked, did he get the same feeling as me.

"What do you mean?" I replied, rather smug.

"Sometimes I can feel my leg again, like it's come back"

Unfortunately he carried on in his trance talking about the tingling feeling he gets in his non-existent leg sometimes. I listened to him and explained that sometimes I get that too, we bonded a lot, maybe he didn't want to say he likes me. I know that I like him.

The evening went by faster than I wanted, and soon Richards mum came to pick him up, she came into the house and started talking to my dad, he was very friendly which is unusual for my dad.

Me and Richard hugged goodbye, he left and as he got in the car shouted "see you tomorrow buddy!"

Buddy...

That night I went to sleep with ease, thinking happily of Richard and pretending that he didn't friend-zone me. I thought if I pretended then I'd be okay.

The following day I sulkily got up from my bed and got taken to University. The first person I saw was Richard, talking to a tall slim blonde girl. I knew her...her name was Christina, she's bipolar, but it wasn't very bad.

I wheeled myself over to him and said hello, Richard leant down and hugged me, before introducing me.

"This is Christina"

"Yeah I knew that already, hi" I said with a slight edge, but she was far too stupid to notice.

"She's my girlfriend"

I didn't know that. A girlfriend! Seriously! After going to mine the day before, his first stupid day at school.

"When did you two get together then?"

Christina put her finger to his lips and spoke, "about 6 or 7 months ago, we met at a bowling alley and have been together since really!" She giggled and led him away from me, he turned back and smiled at me, but I just stared into the distance.