Chapter 20 - awkward turn

I carried on ignoring Richard for ages, but it started to become more and more of a problem.

My dad and Richards over-friendly mum had started seeing each other. I didn't think they were dating, nothing was official as this time, but something was going on. Dad bought her flowers and he phoned her when she wasn't round. They tried to get me and Richard to go to lunch with them, I'm not sure if Richard ended up going but I turned down the offer almost immediately.

Richard downloaded snapchat, and so did I, he added me and started talking to me on there. He was often shirtless when sending me pictures, but sent nothing below the waist. We chatted on there because his girlfriend wouldn't find out, well that was my reason, he thought I was talking to him again because I was 'over him' or some nonsense.

Him talking to me on snapchat only made my feelings grow stronger. I had to hide them the best I could from my Dad. As much as I wanted to be with Richard, if Dad wanted to be with his mum then me and Richard really would never happen.

Richard came over to mine one Sunday because his mum was visiting my dad, it was sunny so we went down the road to the cafe and I showed him where I nearly died. He told me about his leg and how horrific it was, he said the only benefit is that he doesn't get that ache in his leg when he's been walking for a while, I told him that I never get that at all anymore and he laughed.

Once we got to the cafe we were sent to a table with one chair. I put myself opposite him on the table.
"Come closer to me than that, I won't bite" he smiled and pulled my chair towards him. He leant in to kiss me. I took a short breath and shut my eyes. The warmth of his lips melted through me, he became part of me for the few seconds we spent with our bodies connected.

He pulled himself away from me gently and held my face with his hands and brushed my left cheek with his thumb. I smiled before wondering why he did that. So I asked him.
"What was that for?"
He let out a small chuckle before looking intensely into my eyes.
"I couldn't resist" his words warmed my heart, but it broke as he pulled himself away from me realising what he had done.

He looked at his hands and put them flat on the table. He started to look angry with himself, or with me. He shook his head roughly before looking back up at me. He had tears in his eyes as he flung his arms around me and squeezed me.
"Christina left me" he cried out, causing most of the cafe to look in our direction. He was a little over dramatic, sounded more like she dumped him but I didn't bring that up. I hugged him tightly and told him it was going to be okay.

Richard and I made our way back to my house. As soon as we got back we saw his mum standing by the front door, I went straight past her and to my room, once I could hear that they were gone I sent him a snapchat of the floor saying 'hey' above it. He opened it but didn't reply.

I sent him a few snapchats and messages but he didn't reply, after a week or so off of Uni dad announced that him and Richards mum were an Item. The news made me so happy for my dad, I went through all the normal thoughts in my head.
"Maybe they'll get married and I'll have mum"
"Maybe they'll have a kid and I'll have a younger brother or sister"
It was a few moments before I realised the horrible fate of Richard becoming my step-brother.

I went through a slight state of shock and horror. I didn't want a brother, and I especially didn't want a brother my age, that I had an insane crush on. Of course at this time I did only think it was a crush. It wasn't till we all started spending 'family' time together that I realised it was a hell of a lot more than that.

**sorry these are shorter chapters but writing via my phone is rather difficult, and it's hard to concentrate with the World Cup in my ear, keep reading, vote and share :)**