Chapter 3

Ichigo stared wide eyes at what she had done, putting down her hair dryer. Her long blonde hair was free from the braids, and flowed down her back, in waves with little ringlets at the bottom. This was her old look, only, her bangs grew out and were swept to the side. She loved it. It felt like her, not the person she kept trying to be.
        "Ichigo? Are you okay? You've been up there for 3 hours. Aren't you hungry?" Her mother called out after her.
       "Yes, I'm a lot better now." Ichigo said coming out of the bathroom, her hair still damp from washing it. Her mother's jaw dropped.
       "Your hair......" she said.
       "Yes?"
       "Your hair is back to normal......" she said.
       "Sorry for keeping you waiting, I'll eat dinner now."
       "We already ate but—"
        "My dinner is in the fridge, thank you. I'm going to get changed first." She said before putting on simple black leggings from Lululemon and a light grey hoodie.
        "Ichigo! You have your old look!" Her father said. Ichigo nodded.
        "Father, mother, I have an announcement." She said. Her parents sat down on the couch as her mother cuddled up to her father. "I'm moving out." She said. They gasped.
       "Ichigo, you're only 18, how will you afford it?" Her father asked.
       "I made good money from the shows I starred in. I found an apartment that looks nice, and it has low rent. And if I move out, Raichi gets our bedroom to himself." She said.
       "Ichigo, you're only 18."
       "I know, but I'm all grown up now."
      "You're not legally an adult until you're 20.  And most people here in Japan live with their parents until at least 25."
      "I know, but for my acting career, I have a weird sleep schedule.  I don't want to affect you with it.  Also, I have a lot of yen, and it wouldn't be fair to milk off you for living if I have so much."
      "We're happy to be your living support you though.  We're your parents—"
       "It's stealing....what I'm doing is robbing you."
       "Having a better income is not stealing."
       "But living off you when I have better income is."
       "Oh Ichigo, you're overthinking this."
       "Can I have your blessing to live on my own?" She asked.  Her father sighed.
       "Fine, but know we're always here when you need us."
       "Alright." Ichigo said before walking away.

      "Aoi!" Ran yelled running up to her.  Aoi turned around.
     "Ran!" She said running to Ran and hugging her.
     "So, where do we go first?" Ran asked.
     "Maybe the crépe shop? Then we can talk?"
     "Sure."
     Aoi and Ran were seated by the window at a crépe place, waiting for their order.
      "So, what do you wanna talk about?" Ran asked.
      "Did you see the trailer for that new gang war show?" Aoi asked in a serious tone.
       "Your Blood, My Shotgun?" Ran asked.
       "Ichigo is in it." Ran burst out laughing. Aoi sighed. "Ran, I'm serious."
       "Who would even hire that diva? I mean, unless she's some goody2shoes who gets murdered."
       "She plays the main character's girlfriend, and her new look is going to ruin Aikatsu. If people see that, will they ever look at Ichigo as Ichigo in Aikatsu the same?"
       "Show me this trailer." Ran said, getting serious. Aoi pulled out her phone and showed Ran. Both girls were appalled.
       "I'm surprised that b**** even stayed in the industry. Don't you think she'd be too busy playing victim over her precious show ending?" Aoi said.
Right at that moment, Ichigo entered the shop.
       "I mean, she probably just wanted attention." Ichigo turned around. Aoi and Ran were gossiping as usual to her. She badly wanted to apologize to them. She still regretted her behaviour from her Aikatsu days. She took a deep breath and walked over to them, but stood still when she heard what Aoi said next.
       "I bet the whole cast hates her. Like how would they feel if they found out their precious Ichigo was no more than a selfish wolf in sheep's clothing."
       "I know there's no excusing how I was in the past, but I'm sorry...." Ichigo said before running out of that shop.