Chapter 12

"She Denies It, But Truth Is; She's Falling For Him"
○------------------------------------------------○

MY EYES STRUGGLE to open against the rising sun streaming through the window into them.

It's then that I feel a strong set of arms wrapped around the my waist, efficiently keeping me motionless.

I carefully turn my head in order to keep from waking the sleeping Spencer, yet still be able to catch a glimpse of his face.

He looks peaceful and there's a slight smile on his lips that even I have to admit is cute.

I carefully peel his arms from around my waist and drop to the ground silently.

He barely stirs and I hesitate for just a moment before quickly placing a light, chaste kiss on his forehead and scampering off to the bathroom to get ready.

[NYPD]

I toss my cup of surprisingly disgusting coffee in the trash and rush into the conference room set up for us.

Spence is already there, along with JJ, Morgan, Rossi, Hotch. The last person at the table makes me do a double take before I rush over to them, engulfing them in a hug.

"God Emily, I didn't know you were here!" I mumble into the top of her hair.

"Well, I am and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so let's catch this guy!" Emily chuckles, releasing herself from my hug.

"Ok, so I can tell you a couple things about this guy," I start, stealing a glance at everyones confused faces.

"And what would that be Wilde?" Hotch questions curiously.

"Well, if he's a sadist and wants to watch the destruction..." I start until JJ gets what I'm trying to say.

"Then he would have showed up on the cameras outside!" She exclaims, quickly dialing Garcia.

"Garcia, I need surveillance from the cameras outside every entrance to subway between an hour before the bomb goes off to two hours after it goes off," JJ rushes out into the phone.

"Well, let me get right on th-," Garcia freezes at the end and we can all hear the frantic clatter of her fingers against the keys.

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" Morgan questions her worriedly.

"There is no surveillance for that time, it's been completely wiped and even I the magical tech genius, cannot retrieve it from the depths of the internet!" She huffs angrily.

"Garcia it's ok, but he might have scoped out the place before he bombed it and he had to set up the bomb sometime so start at least a week back and look for any large blonde guys with a big bag and possibly a redheaded kid at their side," I shoot out, knowing what a huge task it will be for her.

"I'll try Nat, but it's going to be a huge amount to go through," She replies.

"I know Garcia, but I know you can do it, after all; you are the Supreme Genius," I chuckle, about to disconnect.

"Hold the phone, I just got a match on who that kid is!" Garcia screams into the phone, making me hold the phone almost a foot away.

"Who is he Garcia?" Prentiss questions her.

"Oh my god - Emily?" Garcia screams again.

"Yes Garcia, it's me, but I need to know who the kid is before we talk, ok?" Emily chuckles softly.

"Well, his name is Jay Ivy, a five year old from Danvers, Connecticut who was reported missing by his parents after he didn't get off his school bus at the end of the day," Garcia replies, audibly choking up.

"Were there any suspects in his disappearance?" I question her.

"Um, yes, a family friend Kyle Matthews and oh this is interesting, Kyle is blonde, 25 years old AND he himself went missing after Jay disappeared!" She shouts excitedly.

"Does Kyle own any property in NYC, Baby Girl?" Morgan questions.

"No, but his twin brother owns a warehouse here and his stepdad owns an apartment building not too far from the subway and I just sent both addresses to your tablets along with a file on Kyle!" Garcia replies.

"Thanks Garcia!" I blurt out, disconnecting the line.

"We need to move, Reid, Wilde, and Prentiss, you three take the apartment building and the rest of us will take the warehouse," Hotch orders, already alerting the officers outside to the situation.

"Got it," Prentiss replies rushing from the room with us on her heels.

"What's going on in that big brain of yours Spencer?" Prentiss questions him curiously as we slip on our vests.

"Something doesn't feel right about this whole thing," He replies as we finish up and make our way to the car.

"You're right, I feel it too," I mumble, a little shaken as we pull out of the parking lot.

"Nat?" Spence questions from the backseat as I start to read up on Kyle.

"Yeah?" I reply absentmindedly.

"I wasn't really asleep this morning," He smirks at me in the mirror as my face goes red.