Part 2: Chapter 4

I CLOSE UP Dr. Hawthorne without any problems, a rare break after all of the complications he had been experiencing throughout the surgery.

"And, we're good!" I grin beneath my mask as I dispose of the needle.

"Nice; doesn't look like the scarring will be too hard to correct either," Rachel muses as the orderlies remove Dr. Hawthorne from the OR.

Rachel, Garth, and I make our way to the sinks to clean up, pulling the crimson gloves from our hands quickly.

Rachel unties my cap as I finish up, which I am extremely grateful for as my sweaty hair is exposed to the cool air of the room.

"Well, I really don't want to bring us down, but I also want to know why those guys were after you Nat," Garth sighs as we step into the desolate hall; the usual beeps and chatter silenced by the days events.

"I second that," Rachel offers, leaning against the banister that runs the length of the hall, just outside the elevators.

I push the button for the elevator silently, not too sure of the answer to their questions myself.

"To be honest guys, I have no idea myself," I reply truthfully, stepping into the elevator cautiously as the smudged metal doors slide open.

I hum to myself, albeit a bit nervously; memories of the time Spence and I were trapped in one flooding back.

"Don't like elevators?" Rachel questions offhandedly, peering over at me.

"Spotty history with them," I chuckle wryly as the doors open to reveal an abundance of federal and local agencies.

Spence and the team are clustered at the nurses counter, poring over files with what seems to be Agent Gibbs team.

I rush over to them and before I can even open my mouth, Spence is already answering my question.

"I had Garcia take them home; she set up all her computers at our house so she can multitask," Spence chuckles, without looking up from the file he's reading.

"So, this is the lovely wife of yours Dr. Reid?" Agent Dinozzo grins, peering up at me.

"Who is Garcia and who did she take home; I am lost here," A woman with a mass of frizzy chocolate hair questions curiously, an accent tinging her words.

"Garcia is a part of their team and she took home our kids," I reply, gesturing between Spence and I.

"That makes sense; I'm Ziva David, and I'm with them," She chuckles.

"I'm Natalia Reid and I used to be with them," I reply, pointing to the team.

"Natalia; do you recognize any of these people?" Agent Gibbs interjects, laying out a spread of photographs.

They are all pictures of our captors, save for one that I actually recognize by name.

"That's an age progression of my biological father, Nathan Turner; why are you showing me this and as a matter of fact, who made this?" I question angrily, shoving the picture away in disgust.

"Wait; this is your father?" Spence questions, eyes wide.

"Natalia; this man is not Nathan Turner; this is Steven Comb," Agent Gibbs explains quietly.

"You're showing me this because he's alive; aren't you?" I question, my voice low.

"Yes; although we had no idea he was your father; everyone has daddy issues, but I've gotta say; yours take the cake," Agent Dinozzo whistles, chuckling as he reads the file.

My hand flies up automatically and I slap him across the face, leaving an angry red mark across his cheek.

"Owwwww; what did you do that for?!" He whines, clutching his cheek.

"I'm sorry; you basically have slap me scrawled across that big ass forehead of yours!" I growl, crossing my arms angrily.

"I was told my biological father killed himself Agent Gibbs and I heard the gunshot; now, tell me; why is he up and walking?" I question the gruff man.

"Like Dinozzo said, in the worst possible way of course; we had no idea he was alive; we only learned about his involvement when we traced a number in one of your captors phone," Agent Gibbs sighs.

JJ notices the look on my face and she drapes a hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"Maybe you should head home and rest before you read this file Nat," She urges cautiously, although she knows I won't do such a thing.

I shake my head and yank back a copy of the file from Morgan's hands and peel open the front cover.
----------------------------------------------------
NAME: Steven Laurence Comb
AGE: 73
D.O.B: August 5th, 1944
SPOUSE: Alice Marie White (60)
CHILDREN: Carrie Alice Comb (15), Thomas Ellis Comb, (11).
OCCUPATION: Firearms Safety Instructor (Bill's Firing Range).
RESIDENCE: Washington, DC. 575 Cherry Lane.
----------------------------------------------------
I barely make it through the bare details before tossing the file back down, my entire body shaking.

I can feel my heart thumping wildly in my chest, the heat rising in my body, and the prick of unshed tears in my eyes.

"He-he has two young children, probably going through the same thing Sherrie and I went through, and he managed to clear background checks to become a Firearms Safety Instructor?" I question angrily, rubbing away the first tear to slip onto my cheek away before it becomes visible to everyone.

"Hotch; I'm going to take her home," Spence tells Hotch quickly, making his way to my side, grasping my hand in his.

I squeeze tightly, longing for the familiarity of love and care I was deprived of when I lived under the thumb of Nathan Turner.

Only one thing can stop this personal hell of mine from advancing into uncovered memories that I have tried so desperately to push down.

Justice for my mother and revenge for my sister and I.

A/N:
Please don't kill me! I'll make happy things happen too! Maybe...😈🤗😇. The gif at the top is of Michael Douglas, who I imagine as Nathan Turner. (No relation to Will Turner). Sorry for my hiatus as well everyone; I will try to regulate my schedule to include daily updates. Tired author out. ✌
-Sierra B.

 ✌-Sierra B