Part 2: Chapter 3

I GINGERLY PULL the syringe back from the neck of the mystery man, eyeing him carefully as I drop the syringe just within reach.

"Who are you?" I repeat angrily.

"Too many ears in here," He replies simply, motioning with his head towards our captors.

"я слышу, что ты говоришь на русском (I hear you speak Russian)," He adds in fluent Russian.

"вы слышали (You heard right)," I chuckle.

"я специальный агент gibbs, я здесь под прикрытием (I am Special Agent Gibbs; I'm here undercover)," He replies with a grin.

"ты знаешь, почему они меня ищут (Do you know why they are looking for me)?" I question curiously.

"нет, мы искали операцию, приносящую оружие в США (No, we were looking for an operation bringing guns in the USA)," He replies before I suddenly feel a hand grasp a clump of my scrubs and yank me upwards.

"Well well well, I guess I should of known it was you; thank goodness Dr. Hawthorne confirmed my suspicions," The leader grins as I struggle against the grip he has on me.

"What suspicions you asshole and what is this about Dr. Hawthorne?" I spit out angrily, attempting to strike him.

"Well, Dr. Hawthorne was kind enough to point you out after some slight persuasion on our part," He chuckles darkly, motioning towards the door where Dr. Hawthorne is being dragged in at.

"Gary!" I scream, terrified at the state he's in.

I attempt to break free of the leader's hold, but it's like an iron vice.

"Let. Go. Now," I growl under my breath, eyeing the positions of all our captors.

They couldn't be in worse positions if they tried. The man guarding the door has his gun holstered, the ensign is helping a scared little girl in the back, and the right hand man of the leader is clutching onto Dr. Hawthorne.

"Or what?" The leader laughs, not noticing my fingers slinking towards his gun.

He doesn't notice until it's too late and I soon have him in a chokehold.

Before the right hand man can even lift his gun, I shoot it from his hand. The blonde woman from earlier ducks and grabs it quickly, training it on the screaming man clutching his bloody hand.

The guard doesn't even have a chance and I hit him in the knee, crumpling him easily with a pregnant woman grabbing his gun.

The ensign doesn't even reach for his gun, he sighs and places his hands on top of his head as Agent Gibbs confiscates his gun.

The leader scratches desperately at my arm, leaving long, red marks on my skin.

His grip on my arm eventually loosens as he passes out from lack of air.

I drop him with a thud and rush towards Dr. Hawthorne worriedly. Luckily enough, he is still somewhat conscious.

"Well, they screwed with the wrong doctor," He rasps out jokingly, covering up a deep wound in his chest with a thin jacket from the chair beside him.

"Yes, they really shouldn't have screwed with my friends and patients," I chuckle, administering as much aid I can as Agent Gibbs uses my cellphone to call it in.

His eyelids flutter as he attempts to stay awake. He tries to wave off my help, but I'm quite stubborn so I ignore him.

Soon, the sound of knuckles rapping at the door can be heard and I start to get up, to brief them of the situation when Agent Gibbs stops me with a hand on my shoulder.

"You're not an agent anymore Wilde," He says under his breath before throwing open the doors, where numerous guns are trained on him.

"One of the good guys here; Agent Gibbs, NCIS," He tells the officers.

A man with a smug smirk and chestnut hair pushes his way through the hoard of officers towards Agent Gibbs.

"Hey boss; looks like you've been busy," He smirks, taking in the mess.

"Not now Dinozzo, we need medics up here," Agent Gibbs barks at the man, motioning towards Dr. Hawthorne and I.

"Got it boss," The man Dinozzo replies before sprinting off to presumably get medics and a board as the officers handcuff our ex-captors.

"We're FBI; just let us in!" I hear a voice pipe up from the doors and I throw my head up to see where it came from.

Spence locks eyes with me and the look of fear on his face is instantly replaced with what looks to be relief as he runs towards me.

"You're ok!" He yells, crouching down to pull me into a hug.

"I'd hug you back, but I'm covered in blood," I chuckle, earning a grin from Dr. Hawthorne.

"Did they hurt you?" He exclaims, examining me for any visible wounds.

"No Spence, I'm fine," I chuckle softly as medics move in quickly to take my place, loading Dr. Hawthorne on a stretcher.

"Hey; wait, are you readying him for transport?" I question increduolosly.

"Yes ma'am, we're taking him to Washington General for treatment," The medic speaks down to me slowly, as if I'm stupid.

"First of all, it's Doctor, and second of all, Washington General is a shitty hospital and 20 minutes from here!" I growl.

"She's right about that," Dr. Hawthorne chuckles, which quickly turns to wheezing.

"Garth, over here!" I yell to my best friend, who trots over.

"Yeah Nat?" He questions worriedly.

"Go find all the Doctors you can and I'll book us an OR; Dr. Hawthorne is lucky enough to have been injured in a hospital with doctors he taught to treat him," I grin.

"Oh no, I forgot; I taught you guys," Dr. Hawthorne groans jokingly.

"Nat, what are you doing?" Spence questions.

"My job Spence," I grin, pecking him on the cheek.

A/N:
Ooh, fun; Natalia is gearing up for surgery! So, what does everyone think of the crossover? It's a little experimental, but I think it's working into the story fairly well so far. Leave me some feedback in the comments and thank you guys so much for sticking it this far! 😊 I can't wait to have you guys read the next chapter! I'm stuck between wrenching your hearts out with some not so fun surprise or making a cute little chapter where everyone lives! JK, maybe. 😎
-Sierra B.