Chapter 24

"Forever Is Composed Of Nows"
○------------------------------------------------○

MY EYES TWINKLE WITH warm,  bittersweet tears as I stare down at the simple pink stick between my fingers.

My legs are crossed as I sit on the bathroom floor, my head poised in order to reach the toilet if I feel my breakfast start to make a reappearance.

"Nat, are you almost ready?" Spence questions through the door impatiently.

"Mommy, you're sooo slow!" Kylie yells.

"One minute; hold on!" I call back, grabbing my purse and tucking the pregnancy test inside.

I pull the door open and shoot them both a smile before rushing towards the door.

We all pile into the car and Spence starts the car, the engine roaring to life.

We weave through the morning traffic and barely get Kylie to school on time.

"Bye baby!" I yell out the window as she rushes towards her teacher, who shoots me a quick wave before they disappear inside.

-QUANTICO-

I click the lock on the key fob, pulling my satchel closer to my size. My hand grazes over my barely there bump and my lips curl into a tiny smile.

Spence grabs my hand as we yank out our badges at the front door and sign in.

We avoid the elevator, having made an unspoken vow to take the stairs for a bit until we're ready for it again.

We huff and puff all the way up to the BAU, passing Agent Johnston and Agent Massar.

It's been almost 3 weeks since the shooting and many of us have grown much closer, including Massar and Johnston.

I wiggle my eyebrows as we pass them, noticing their clasped fingers.

Agent Massar just chuckles and smiles as we pass, looking to my stomach and wiggling her eyebrows in return.

"Wait-how?" I sputter, stopping dead in my tracks as Spence looks on confusedly along with Agent Johnston.

"Just call it intuition," She chuckles, racing down the steps before I can reply.

"What was that about?" Spence questions quizzically as we continue up the stairwell.

I halt and dig around in my purse excitedly, pulling out the pink stick.

"Surprise!" I laugh, placing it in his hands.

It doesn't seem to register until he looks closer at the two lines and freezes, his lips curling into a smile.

He turns to face me, his mouth opening into an excited o before he yells, "I'm going to be a dad!!!"

His eyes light up and he pulls me into a hug before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Kylie's going to have a sister!" He smiles smugly.

"No, I know in my heart it's a boy!" I huff jokingly, crossing my arms.

We continue up the steps and straight into the meeting room where the rest of the team is, still bantering back and forth.

"Girl," He argues.

"Boy!" I yell with a slight chuckle.

"No, girl!" He yells right back.

Before I can yell back "boy", Morgan clears his throat.

"What are you two arguing about?" He questions curiously.

"It's going to be a boy Spence, no doubt," JJ smiles, sending me a thumbs up.

"Ha!" I yell decidedly, plopping in my seat.

"Oh my god, is this what I think is?!" Garcia hollers, rushing towards me.

"If you're thinking baby oh baby, it is what you think it is," I chuckle, motioning to my stomach.

"Who are you going to make the godmother because I'm thinking that I'm a perfect candidate," Emily offers.

"I was thinking; if Spence doesn't mind, this baby could have three fairy godmothers," I grin, looking between them.

"YES!" They yell in unison, turning towards Spence.

"They are the obvious candidates," He agrees with a chuckle.

"Congratulations, Nat and of course, I'm going to have to teach little Nat to make the perfect italian dishes," Rossi grins.

"BOY!" All of us girls yell in unison.

"Girl, Nat," Hotch grins, piping up from the back.

"I agree with boy wonder; it's definitely going to be a girl," Morgan smirks, making the number of votes for girl rise to four against the vote of four for boy, an obvious tie.

"I almost forgot; Agent Freud wanted to see you," Hotch smiles, waving someone in from out of my view.

"Agent Freud?" I question, not realizing who it is for a moment before noticing the woman walking in without any assistance.

The woman I was able to save.

I can feel my eyes stinging with happy tears as she walks in, her shoulders squared back.

When I had visited a week ago, they had been sure she wouldn't walk again due to the proximity of the bullet to her spinal cord, which it nicked after going through her abdomen.

I had been calling her while we were away on a case and not once had she mentioned the possibility she was going to walk again.

"I guess we both got good news this week Agent Wilde," She grins, breaking the silence as I pull her into a hug.

"I guess we did, didn't we Agent Freud?" I chuckle, gazing around the room at MY family.

The people who had been here since the beginning and would stick here till the end.

My family.