Chapter 1

"Straighten it?" La'Stasia, my best friend, ask. Her name is very unique. Stasia hates her name, but I think it's nice. It's different. (It's pronounced Luh-stay-Juh)

"Nah, I don't want heat damage. I straightened it enough times before." I say.

"But, I wanna do your hair," She pauses then pouts her bottom lip whilst giving me the puppy dog eyes."How can you say no to this face?" She says as she points her finger towards the idiotic facial expression.

"First off, you can do something other than straighten my hair. Second, it's easy to say no to that face. If Freddy Kruger and and Bigfoot were too have a baby you'd be the outcome." She gasps in shock of what I've just said. 

Oh well.

Ignoring her shocked face I start to speak again. "Stasia give me the curl cream, hair and scalp oil, the grease, and the comb, please."

She lifts an eyebrow and I notice a smirk starts to form on her face as she says "And I should do that, why?"

"I said please." She just rolls her eyes in response, but I notice that she doesn't move. Stasia then flops on my bed and gets on her phone.

"Okay, you want to play this game? Alright bet." I pause what I say as her eyes start to widen and then I continue with a smirk on my face. "It was the year of 2017, a time when eyebrows weren't-"

"Alright, I get it! Just, don't bring that up again." Stasia then enters my bathroom and brings me my hair products. Shea moisture is an awesome product for natural hair, but it's expensive. "What did you need these for?" La'Stasia asks.

"it's hair products! Whta you think I need it for?" I told La'Stasia as I gave her that 'Is you stupid' look and she still looks confused. Oh my gosh! What am I going to do with this girl.I then add "You said you wanted to do my hair, remember?" She still looks confused and seconds later realization comes on her face.

"Oh!" She says. What am I going to do with her? It's a good thing she's my best friend. You tell a girl to shutup and then over the years ya'll become sisters.

I suddenly hear a 'ooooohh' sound breaking me out of my 3 second trance. I then look up at Stasia and I see her eyes are fixed on something.

Uh Oh!

I turn my head slowly. I'm very afraid to see what she's looking at.

The comb! NO!

Why did I tell her to get the comb? She literally yanks my hair out and it hurts worse than when my mom does it. I eventually look up to meet her brown eyes daring her to try me and then I look back at the comb. It's a pattern and we're doing it over and over again.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.