(16) BOUNDARIES

Hey Circus Freaks! So I'm sorry I've been M.I.A for awhile lol I've had the worst writer's block but thankfully I think I'm all good now! Anyway thanks for sticking with me and for voting and commenting! 

Caroline's P.O.V

"What the fuck is your problem?!?!" I screamed at my mother the moment I entered the living room and saw what she had done.

My mom's head snapped towards me so fast I wouldn't be surprised if she got whiplash. She wore a furious expression on her face; a deadly one. Slowly, she stalked towards where I was standing until we were basically nose to nose.

I stood my ground defiantly and didn't let my gaze waver. "Can you two please not fight." Elena pleaded as she tried to keep the peace. My father, on the other hand, stood on the other side of the room just watching as we argued not caring to say anything.

Glaring at my little sister "Stand down Elena." I warned. Thankfully she stayed quiet and just stood to watch as my mom and I as we had an intense stare off, neither would back down at this point.

"This has gone way too far and you know it." I sneered.

My mother smiled and stared at me intently before saying "It's never too far."

A few hours earlier

The next morning I woke up to loud noises. I sleepily removed my head from Benjamin's shoulder and stretched out my limbs as I stood. Benjamin remained asleep, he looked so peaceful in his sleep so I decided to leave him be as I made my way down the stands.

As I made my way down the stands I noticed that a good majority of the unfortunates were still sleeping. Making sure to not step on them, I weaved my way through the various sleeping bodies. I needed to find Layla and wake her before the ringleader and staff came in here.

When I finally spotted her I noticed that she was wrapped in a dainty blanket snuggling a sleeping Henry. Gloria was also sleeping across from them with a small smile on her peaceful face, I almost didn't have the heart to wake them but the growing noise outside pushed me to wake them up.

Bending down, I gently began shaking awake Layla. After a moment she began to stir and eventually sat up. She blinked up at me with a sleepy expression.

"Wake up they are going to be in here in a few minutes." I explained.

Her eyes widened as she scrambled to get up. I grabbed her shoes and handed them to her as she slipped on her black coattail "Thanks" she muttered as she slipped them on. 

We decided to wake up everyone else since we knew that the oncoming staff would most likely do it in a horrible way. Most of the Unfortunates grumbled about being woken up but some gave us grateful smiles. Once everyone was awake we proceeded to clean up all the discarded blankets. As they finished cleaning I made my way up the stands and saw Benjamin's sleeping figure. 

I walked up to him and gently shook his shoulder "Ben wake up" I muttered. He opened his eyes after a while and finally got up and began cleaning the area around us as I helped him. Within a few minutes, we were finished just in time for the arena door to come open. 

Staff members flooded into the arena wearing grins on their faces as they carried buckets of what I presumed to be ice water. They all stopped shortly after seeing that everyone was up already and the arena was cleaned. Some grumbled disapprovingly as the ringleader walked in "Who woke you up?" He asked with his loud clear voice.

"I did" I shouted as I walked down from the stands. The ringleader's head snapped towards me in surprise.

He was clearly not expecting me as he asked: "What are you doing here?"