(24) GAME PLAN

Caroline's P.O.V

It was dark.

My breath came out frantically as I sprinted after THEM.

THEY had him.

I need to save him

"Caroline! Help me"  

I pushed myself faster trying to catch up but I felt myself quickly depleting and then I fell...

"Caroline!"

"Benjamin!" I yelled out as I gasped, my eyes immediately springing open. I quickly sat up and put my hand across my racing heart as I tried to calm myself down. I was completely drenched in sweat and I felt gross.

It was only a dream I told myself as I began to take in my surroundings. I was still on the floor on my makeshift bed. I glanced at the couch and noticed that Marty was still peacefully sleeping with only light snores emitting from him. I sighed and glanced at the small digital clock they had hanging on the wall. 

The time read 4:00 a.m there was no way I would be able to go to sleep again, not after that nightmare. I could feel my heart racing at just the thought of having to experience that again. The only thing I could do now was hope that it would never come true.

Getting up, I silently crept to the bathroom trying my best to stay quiet as to not wake up Marty or Stephen. Once inside the bathroom, I turned the water faucet slightly and cupped my hands under the gently running water. I brought the cold water up to my face and proceeded to wash my face. When I finished I used a spare towel to dry myself and went back into the living room.

As I walked back in I was surprised to see that Marty was no longer on the couch. Just as I was about to look for him he suddenly appeared with two cups in his hands. He gave me a small smile and handed me one of the cups he had. 

I took the cup from him as well as a note that he had handed me. The note read: First night is always rough, but tea will always help! I smiled and looked back up at Marty who had settled himself back on the couch. "Thanks, Marty," I said as I sat down on my makeshift bed and began drinking my tea. 

We sat in comfortable silence as we sipped our tea. When we were both finished we set the cups aside and Marty wrote me another note that read: That should help you sleep goodnight. "Goodnight Marty and thanks again," was the last thing I said as I tucked myself back under the blankets and drifted off to sleep. 

Benjamin's P.O.V

I could hear the familiar sound of the crowd cheering as I tamed Loki. The cheers were a loud and full of excitement, I bowed and took my exit from the center stage of the Circus arena. I drowned out all the comments I was given by other performers and instead quickly made my way to the lion's den with Loki at my side. 

Once I entered I began to take out an assortment of raw meat so that I could feed Loki. As I was barely placing the meat in his tin the door to the lion's den opened and in walked Caroline's friend, Layla. 

"Any news?" I ask her as she comes to stand by me.

I turn towards and we face each other. She looks up at me and wears a painful expression on her face "I don't know what happened to her," she tells me and then takes a deep breath "They won't tell me anything." 

"We mustn't give up hope," is all I manage to say as tears begin to stream down Layla's face. 

"What if she is in serious danger? What if we don't find her in time?" Layla rambles as the tears start to stream down uncontrollably.