(21) LONELINESS

Hey Circus Freaks! So I know that I've been only doing Benjamin's P.O.V but don't worry we will get back to Caroline soon. All I can say is pay attention to his past because it's important!

Benjamin's P.O.V

Recap: Sitting on the floor I watched as Loki trudged over to me and began to whine. I cried with him and tried to comfort him as he was trying to comfort me too.

"I guess its just the two of us now friend"

A few months later...

I was alone. I had nothing and no one. Well at least not a person, I did still have Loki. Even though our relationship was very rocky in the beginning now we are the best of friends. I still, however, craved for human contact. Everyone just simply avoided me and cast looks of pity everytime I would wander the backlot by myself. Other Unfortunates would even smirk and remark "Serves him right for thinking he is above the rest of us." I usually never respond. Then the day came when I saw him and I became livid. 

How could he even dare show his face after what he did? We both knew that he was the one responsible for her death. The Accepted was my biological father but I loathed him, he killed her. The smug look on his stupid face let me know that I was right as he smirked at me. I clenched my jaw and tried to ignore him but he smiled cynically and came over to me. For the most part, I completely ignored his presence but instead of giving up he grinned and said something that made me snap and lose control. He stated: "Guess your whore of a mother couldn't protect you for long huh?"

I completely lost it, I turned around and let my fist plant itself in his face. He was an adult and I was only 13 year old but even for my age, I was well-built thanks to my training. He groaned and began swinging back, I dodged and landed an uppercut to his side. He tumbled to the ground as I stalked over to him. It was like fighting myself because I was a spitting image of him the only difference being our eyes. Mine were grey like my mother's and I treasured them while I loathed the rest of myself for looking just like her murderer. At this point, all I could see was red as I grabbed a fistful of his hair and said "We both know that you are responsible for her death" he laughed, I growled and leaned menacingly closer "If you ever speak of my mother again I will end you" the Accepted then stopped laughing at me and looked at me in fear and nodded his head. I was angry, I was beyond seething at everything. I hated everyone especially the Accepted. They were the ones responsible for my mother's day. More specifically it was him who killed her and I knew that one day I would get revenge.

For once in my life, I finally felt some form of control. Unfortunately, nothing comes without consequences. When the ringleader found out that I had harmed another Accepted he declared that I will be punished in a few days in front of the whole Circus. He said that I should be thankful that he didn't kill me for causing harm to an Accepted but he let it go because we both knew that that man was responsible for my mother's death.

As the days passed, I was depressed, I was dreading my punishment so to distract myself I would simply wander around until I tired myself and I would head up towards Stephen's trailer, my trailer. The next morning I decided I would jump the fence and head towards my mother's spot to watch the sunrise. Then, I would head back to the trailer and pack myself a lunch with some snacks. Finally, I would train with Loki for the rest of the day. Thankfully my day did go as planned but I still felt my punishment date looming closer.

I had decided not to be worrying over my punishment and instead worry about my performance with Loki. With the passing days, Loki and I were now truly in sync with each other. I had now understood what Stephen was trying to teach me. We don't tame lions we perform with them.