one

Kim Taehyung was just minding his own business

Kim Taehyung was just minding his own business. Really, he was. Their flight had just landed back in Korea from Taiwan, and he felt like his bladder was about to explode. After a particularly unfortunate episode of turbulence ruined even the thought of using the airplane bathroom for Taehyung, he decided to stick to peeing on the ground, where he was sure nothing would mess up his aim.

Taehyung made his way to the men's room as quick as he could, his black fashion mask over his face. Getting recognized was not something he wanted, especially not in the middle of a much needed piss, so he kept the mask on. He made it to a urinal before going about his business. Sighing in relief, Taehyung finally peed, enjoying the silence of the bathroom.

Until he heard humming. Had Taehyung not already been peeing, he would have pissed himself out of fear. Taehyung hurriedly jammed himself back into his Calvin Kleins and black jeans and turned around. The humming was coming from behind the door of one of the stalls. The voice was soft and high pitched. Either the person on the other side of the door had been castrated at a young age or the person behind the door hadn't hit puberty yet, because there was no way that could be a grown ass man.

Taehyung cautiously bent down a little, just enough to get a glimpse of the Power Ranger sneakers. He felt bad for peeping. Easily, he could come off as a creep for looking under the stall door. But, he could possibly be in the room with The Shining twins, so he deemed it worth the risk. The Power Ranger sneakers shuffled as the childish humming continued.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile to himself. He loved children. They were so cute and adorable, and he had been told he had a way with kids. The members often joked that he was a child-whisperer. He began to worry that the child was by theirself, and his soft heart couldn't leave them in the airport bathroom alone, so he waited for the kid to come out, just to be safe. After a few minutes of more humming and not much else, Taehyung grew concerned. Cautiously, he knocked on the stall door. The humming stopped abruptly.

"Are you okay in there? Do you known where your mommy or daddy is?" He asked softly. The child on the other side of the door was silent for a moment, before the door swung open to reveal a little girl. She couldn't have been more than four or five, but she marched out with the confidence of a grown woman, her Power Ranger sneakers squeaking on the bathroom floor. Taehyung bit his lip worriedly but managed a small smile. "Do you need help finding your parents?" He asked softly.

"Fuck off." The little girl said. Taehyung's eyes widened to the size of saucers. The appalled laugh that threatened to escape was pushed down by the clearing of his throat. Taehyung cautiously bent down to her, squatting. He pulled down his mask to smile at her kindly. Her angry little face only got angrier.

"I'm Taehyung. Do you know where your parents are, honey?" He asked softly. The little girl narrowed her eyes.

"I don't care who you are. And I don't want to find my mommy. She's mean." The little girl said, stuffing her thumb into her mouth as she sulked. Taehyung had never met a child like this before. He hardly knew what to do with himself.

"She's mean, huh?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. The little girl nodded. Taehyung chuckled as she pulled up her shirt and started rubbing her belly button. He thought she was adorable, and normally he would tell a child he thought so, but he had a feeling this particular child would slap him across the face if he did. "Why's that?"

"She wouldn't let me get on the plane with daddy. She doesn't like daddy very much. I love daddy, and I hate mommy. Daddy says she's an itch. I think so, too." The little girl said. Taehyung felt awkward at getting a glimpse into the little girl's home life. He also found it funny that she knew words like "fuck" but confused "bitch" and "itch."

"Hmm. But your mommy loves you, you know that?" Taehyung cooed. The little girl shook her head, pulling her thumb out of her mouth.

"No. Mommy's mean." She said. Taehyung nodded, debating how to put this so she would understand.

"Your mommy just wants to keep you safe. Your daddy will be back soon, but for now, it's just your mommy. She's trying her best, because she loves you. But right now, she's scared. She doesn't know where you are. So, what do you say we go find her?" He said, using his charm that seemed to work on little kids. No such luck with this little kid.

"Only if we get some ice cream." She sighed, brushing past Taehyung and out the bathroom door. He rushed to keep up with her, sending a quick text to Namjoon about the situation he had gotten himself into.

One large chocolate ice cream cone later, the little girl was acting as if Taehyung was her best friend. Her name was Bo-Bae, and she was five years old. Her favorite show was Power Rangers, and she wanted to be a race car driver. He told her he was a singer and that he was twenty-two. He put the little girl on his shoulders, asking people they passed if they knew her.

"Why are you wearing that mask?" Bo-Bae asked him, licking the chocolate ice cream off of her face to the best of her ability.

"Because I'm too ugly." He said, earning a giggle from the little girl. She stopped abruptly, and Taehyung knew that was because she'd found her mommy.

Taehyung knew Bo-Bae's mother the second he saw her. A look of fear and worry was on her face, and her eyes were frantically darting around. The second she set her eyes on him, they widened, and a mixture of emotions flashed across her face. Taehyung set Bo-Bae down, immediately steering her in the right direction when she tried to run away.

"Song Bo-Bae, where have you been?" The woman asked, kneeling down to her child and brushing her hair out of her face. Bo-Bae just sulked. Up close, her mother looked just like Bo-Bae. Her face bare of any makeup, her brown eyes complimented her tan skin. Her long black hair was tied up in a pony tail, and her body was cozied up in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"The men's bathroom." He informed her, and the woman's captivating eyes rested on him for the first time. Taehyung cautiously glanced around before pulling down his mask. He offered a kind smile and outstretched his hand. "Kim Taehyung." He said. He could tell the woman had no idea who he was, and he was thankful. She smiled gratefully and shook Taehyung's hand, offering him a bow.

"Song Sol. Thank you so much. She has a habit of disappearing right out from under my nose." Song Sol said, clearly embarrassed. "Mom of the year, right?" He laughed and pulled his mask back up, still afraid of being recognized on his own.

"Don't thank me. She's a delight." He explained. Though he had never met a child like Bo-Bae, he really enjoyed her personality, foul language and all. Sol was clearly not used to people liking Bo-Bae, let alone calling her a delight.

"He bought me ice cream!" Bo-Bae squealed. Sol's eyes widened, and she reached for the lanyard around her neck from which dangled her wallet.

"No, don't. It was really my pleasure." He said, refusing the bills Sol pulled out. His phone suddenly vibrated a million times. Taehyung didn't have to look to know the Bangtan group chat was being used. "Nice to meet you, Bo-Bae. Be good for your mommy, okay?" He said, smiling kindly at the girl. Bo-Bae grinned.

"No." She said, and Taehyung laughed, ruffling her hair. "Bye, TaeTae."

"Bye-bye, BaeBae." He said fondly, picking up his suitcase he had set down. Taehyung waved to Sol, and she waved back, still semi-shocked at how he had managed to get Bo-Bae to behave. Sol watched as the strange man walked away, but became even more confused as a group of teenage girls began to follow him. As soon as he noticed, he picked up his pace to a brisk jog, and the girls followed.

How odd.