mother's day bonus.

Mother's Day was always a day that Sol could never be truly excited about. She loved being a mother, and she loved who she was a mother to even more—Bo Bae made every hardship she went through or judgment she received for being such a young mother worth it. And she loved when Bo Bae would make her breakfast in bed on Mother's Day morning. It would be an unpeeled orange on a plate, as it was every year since Bo Bae could walk, but Sol found it perfect nevertheless.

Still, as much as she loves spending the day with Bo Bae and her breakfast, Sol still yearns for something more. She always has, but Mother's Day is just one of those days that highlights exactly what it is that she is missing. She sees the way that men treat their wives, or the mothers to their children and wish that she would get that one day. Though she'd never admit it, she wants the flowers and the chocolates and the appreciation—above all, she wants the love. Her heart aches on Mother's Day, just a little more than usual, for someone to love.

But this year, she has someone to love. Taehyung. They've been dating for almost a year, and Sol falls for him more and more every day. He makes her feel beautiful, despite her flaws, and he never goes a day without telling her he loves her, even if they don't see each other in person. He would FaceTime her and Bo-Bae each night while he was traveling for work, despite how clearly exhausted he was. Each day he was abroad on tour for months and the time difference was so off that he couldn't call, she would wake up to texts declaring his love for her. Food would randomly show up at her door just when she would be about ready to cook dinner, and Taehyung would always be the one behind it, getting food delivered to her home from across the globe. He would surprise Sol by getting Kyung Soo to take Bo Bae for the day and booking her a day at the spa so she could relax.

Despite how lovely all of Taehyung's acts of love were, Sol loved one thing more than any of them—and it was seeing him interact with Bo Bae. His love for her daughter was clear and plain as day. He would play with her and teach her to dance. He'd never get annoyed or irritated with her when she misbehaved, only playing along until he managed to trick her into listening to him again. When he was on tour he'd make sure to have Sol give Bo Bae the phone so he could talk to her whenever he called. He would read her bedtime stories from Brazil, helped her with her math homework from America. And seeing how much he cares about Bo Bae makes Sol's heart melt.

So, as soon as the first days of May roll around, Sol is already looking forward to Mother's Day. She finally gets
to spend it with who makes her a mother, and who makes her feel like a woman: Bo Bae and Sol.

Until she gets a call from Taehyung two nights before Mother's Day.

"Hey, Tae." She answers the phone, pressing it between her shoulder and her ear as she does the dishes.

"Hey, baby." He says, just like he always does. It makes her heart do backflips. "Can we talk if you're not busy? I have some news." He says, and Sol's heart ceases its backflips. Frowning, she dries off her hands, grabs her glass of wine and goes to sit on the couch.

"What's up?" She asks. "Are you okay? Are the guys?"

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine. The members are fine, too. We're all okay." Taehyung reassures her. This isn't the first time Taehyung's tone has been laced with disappointment over the phone—he can't make it to dinner because the performance ran long, they didn't get nominated for a Grammy, Jungkook hurt his foot and couldn't perform. Now, they're overseas in America, scheduled to fly back late tonight, just in time for Mother's day. "I just... remember how the company's been trying to pull some strings and get us a marketing deal with Gucci?"

"Yeah!" She says, suddenly excited. She knows how long Taehyung has been wanting to collaborate with Gucci, and is over the moon for him.

"Well, the deal went through. We're the global ambassadors." He says, and Sol gasps.