twelve

"That's it, I've had it with you

"That's it, I've had it with you." Kyungsoo said, tossing his phone down onto the countertop. Sol looked up from where she was chopping up vegetables for dinner. She could faintly hear the sound of Cars, the movie, playing from the living room, and knew Bo-Bae was either entertained or asleep. She raised an eyebrow at her brother in question of his sudden outburst. "All you do is work and play with Bo-Bae. You're no fun."

"I'm sorry?" Sol apologized in confusion, not really sure what to say to that. In all honesty, Kyungsoo was right. She had fallen into a habit of playing with her daughter in the mornings and heading to work in the evenings. It had been a few weeks since the awkward meeting with Taehyung and Hanjin, and she hadn't seen Taehyung since. She had reached out to him in that time, but he had been away promoting in Japan. He insisted he wasn't avoiding her, but after the series of confessions made at the park, topped off with the unfortunate interactions with Hanjin, Sol still felt that he was.

"Look, I love you. I do. But Bo-Bae's with Hanjin for the weekend. What the hell are you gonna do with yourself?" He asked. Sol rolled her eyes, continuing to cut up some carrots.

"I'll just work doubles, I guess." She said. Kyungsoo scoffed.

"That is the most boring thing you could possibly do. Why don't you have some fun? Go out with your friends." Sol sighed, her chopping slowly coming to a stop as she looked at her hands. Sadness welled in her chest. Kyungsoo didn't know that she didn't really have any friends.

"No, I'll just work." She said, continuing to cut. Kyungsoo still wasn't having any of it.

"You will not! We're going out. Saturday night." He said, smacking the countertop. Sol glared at him sharply, bringing the chopped carrots over to the pot of boiling water on the stove and putting them in.

"Kyungsoo—"

"Don't 'Kyungsoo' me. I'll pick you up at five. It's a bit of a drive. Look cute. No, look sexy. But, like, nothing crazy." He informed her, standing up and gathering his things. "You can try to fight me; you will lose. If I roll up on Saturday and you're in sweats, I'll sue." He smiled, pressing a kiss to her temple and mumbling a goodbye before ducking out the front door before Sol could object.

Soon enough, Saturday rolled around, and Sol concluded that being alone in her house was dismal. With Bo-Bae around, something was always in action. There were loud noises or music or giggles. With Bo-Bae around, Sol didn't feel so alone. But without her, the house was quiet, and the stark difference between her presence and her absence only made Sol feel lonelier. Thus, by the time five o'clock rolled around, Sol was doing exactly what Kyungsoo instructed her not to do: sitting on her couch, wrapped in a blanket, eating ice cream in her sweats as she watched a drama.

When Kyungsoo walked in, looking put together and fashionable, Sol froze like a deer in the headlights. She awkwardly slurped the ice cream off her spoon as Kyungsoo gasped. He ran forward and swiped the bowl from her hands, to which she whined. "I am disappointed in you, but not surprised. Get up. Things to do, places to be, chica." He said, yanking her to her feet. He practically dragged her to her room, shoving her into the walk-in closet. "Remember: sexy!" He shouted. "There are some people there that you'll want to impress."

"If you're setting me up on another blind date, I'll cry." Sol called as she begrudging slid out of her sweat pants and wriggled into black ripped jeans. She could hear Kyungsoo chuckle from behind the door.

"I have a feeling you'll like this one." He said, and Sol rolled her eyes, pulling a white tee over her head and topping it off with a red leather jacket she hadn't worn in ages. She walked out of the closet unceremoniously, messy bun precariously bobbling on top of her head. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders, walking over to her as he surveyed her outfit with his eyes.

"Mm. That's a cute attempt." He said, and before Sol could object, he was tying a knot in her white tee so it became slightly cropped. Sol was young, but she had always been a little scared of cropped shirts due to the stretchmarks pregnancy had left on her stomach. She didn't have time to dwell on it though, because Kyungsoo was already ripping the hair tie out of her hair, and arranging her natural waves properly. He grabbed her bag and a pair of simple black sneakers, basically throwing them at her. "Move it, sis. You can do your makeup in the car." He said, before pulling the grumbling Sol out the door.

The car ride to the mystery location consisted of Sol's complaining, putting on makeup, and Kyungsoo's sass. Sol wasn't in the mood to go on a date, let alone a blind one. Every guy Kyungsoo had set her up with was fine, but the relationship ended the second they met Bo-Bae. No one ever liked Bo-Bae, and that broke Sol's heart, especially since she knew the person Bo-Bae was behind her wild personality. Well, no one liked her except for Taehyung.

"So, have you talked to the pretty idol boy lately?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked. Sol shrugged her shoulders.

"I mean, kind of. He texts me sometimes, but most the time it's late because he has a crazy schedule. We haven't actually talked at all, lately." She said. Kyungsoo hummed in understanding, continuing to drive.

"How do we feel about him?" He asked. Sol sighed, leaning her head back against the seat. How did she feel about him? In hindsight, that was a dumb question. She knew exactly how she felt about Taehyung. Sol knew he gave her butterflies. Sol knew she felt electricity in her veins whenever he was around. Sol knew she felt like sometimes she wanted to pinch his cheeks for being so adorable, but other times she wanted to grab him by his beautiful face and kiss him silly. But she also knew he didn't feel the same way. And that hurt like a bitch.

"Kinda bad. Kinda amazing." She said, and before she knew it, she was telling Kyungsoo everything. By the time she was finished, Kyungsoo's GPS was announcing that they were five minutes away from their destination, and, to Sol's surprise, he was smiling. Kyungsoo was the typical protective older brother, so Sol's prediction would be for him to be pissed off. Rather, a smile adorned his lips, a smile that said he knew something she didn't.

"I wouldn't worry about that too much if I were you." Kyungsoo said, pulling into a parking lot. Sol gave her suspicious brother a weird look as they got out of the car. He grinned, holding out his arm for her to take. "C'mon. Live a little." He said. With a final sigh, Sol grabbed his arm. She internally gave herself a pep talk as Kyungsoo lead her to where they were going. She wasn't going to think about work or Bo-Bae or Hanjin or Eunbin tonight. She wasn't goint to think about Taehyung. She was going to have fun, god damn it.

Then, she froze.

Looking up at the gigantic building Kyungsoo was leading her to, Sol's eyes trained on a familiar face. Hanging on an enormous banner was Taehyung's handsome face, next to six others. Her heart stopped as she realized just what Kyungsoo had done. "You little shit." She breathed out, nervousness and a little excitement filling her veins.

They were at a BTS concert.

heres a lil somethin

expect more soon ;)

bUT I NEED OPINIONS: am i taking too long to develop sol & tae's relationship???