ten

Taehyung watched as Bo-Bae's face lit up when he handed her the chocolate ice cream cone that was practically bigger than her face

Taehyung watched as Bo-Bae's face lit up when he handed her the chocolate ice cream cone that was practically bigger than her face. He, Sol, and Bo-Bae were sat at a picnic table at a park near the company building. He had left practice a little early, and he would be a little late to the recording studio, but he found that the circumstances were well worth while. Bo-Bae had devoured her ice cream before Sol or Taehyung had finished their small cones, and with a wink, she was running to the playground faster than he had ever seen her move.

He was over the moon to be with Sol and Bo-Bae again, but he couldn't deny how awkward it was. Even the fact that his bubbly personality meshed so well with Sol's couldn't combat the silence that ensued. What happened on Sol's kitchen counter was looming above their heads, just waiting to come crashing down. They both knew it, but neither were willing to address it.

Taehyung looked over at Sol through his bulky sunglasses. Her green tea cone was melting, and she caught the drops with a lick of her tongue, just in time before they spilled over the edge of the cone and cascaded down the side. Her eyes were trained on her daughter as she played on the monkey bars, most likely terrorizing the other little kids that dared to challenge her. Her fingers tapped on the side of the bench nervously, and Taehyung noticed the yellow Band-Aid around her ring finger. Taking it as his opportunity to make the situation less uncomfortable, he cleared his throat, reaching over and tapping her hand with his own.

"What happened?" He asked, one eyebrow raised. Sol's eyes widened, as if she wasn't expecting him to break the silence. She looked down at her bandaged finger, and an embarrassed smile graced her lips.

"Oh, I cut myself a little yesterday at work. No biggie." She said, fidgeting shyly with her fingers. Never in his life had Taehyung seen her this timid. Sol wasn't exactly outgoing, but she was never one to be socially inept, either.

"Looks like the master chef even goofs up sometimes." Taehyung teased, knocking her shoulder with his own.

"I thought we'd already established that, considering you were the master chef not too long ago and almost burnt my house down." She sassed, and Taehyung guffawed in response, smile on his lips fading. More awkward silence. He felt like he would burst if he didn't bring it up now.

"Yeah, about that, actually." He began, swallowing dryly. His eyes were trained on the dull wood of the picnic table as he collected his thoughts. "I'm so sorry. I was just trying to do something nice, and it kind of backfired." Taehyung said, glancing at Sol. "Well, literally backfired." Sol bit the inside of her cheek to contain her frown. She really thought Taehyung felt something. Something like she did. Of course he wouldn't; even though he could tolerate her enough to hang around, Sol would be crazy to think he would even slightly be interested in her? Why would he, when he had women all over the world with less baggage and more beauty and desirable qualities than she?

"It's okay. Things got a little out of hand that morning, and I let it go further than it should have. It was a mistake." Sol explained, finishing up her ice cream cone. Taehyung's heart suddenly plummeted to the pit of his stomach. Was she talking about what almost happened on the kitchen counter?