six

"Uh, see, I think you have the wrong guy—gah!" Taehyung tried to explain that he was, in fact, not the plumber, but before he could, the man clothed in only a towel pulled him into the apartment

"Uh, see, I think you have the wrong guy—gah!" Taehyung tried to explain that he was, in fact, not the plumber, but before he could, the man clothed in only a towel pulled him into the apartment. He was a solid two inches taller than Tae, and his white towel left little to the imagination. Let's just say Taehyung thought eight-pack abs were a myth until now.

"So, I don't really know exactly what's wrong with toilet—but that's what you're here for right?" The half naked man said with a laugh. No, that's really not what I'm here for, Tae thought to himself. Taehyung's thoughts were running wild as he tried to process the whole situation. Had he knocked on the wrong door? And if he hadn't, who in the world was this dude? Then it hit him like a sack of rocks.

What if Sol wasn't as single as Taehyung thought she was? He knew Bo-Bae's father wasn't in the picture romantically, but it had never once crossed his mine that Sol might be seeing someone. Taehyung was internally kicking himself for thinking that someone like Sol would be single. Now he was really screwed.

"It just won't flush." The man finished his explanation of his bathroom issues. Taehyung stopped, trying to look everywhere but the man's naked torso. He had never been ashamed of his body, for an assortment of reasons. One was because his Grandma always told him she liked his baby tummy better and loved it when he ate. She would always poke his stomach when he would return home for a visit to check to see if he was eating right. Another reason was because he loved food, and there was nothing to feel guilty about there. But he had to admit, this man's abs kicked the intimidation factor up a notch. Not to mention that when Taehyung tried to avoid looking at his abs, he was met with an equally attractive part of the body everywhere he looked.

Taehyung's eyes settled for the floor while he got himself together. No one's feet could possibly be attractive. Anyways, Taehyung fumbled for words to say. He debated saying nothing at all and bolting while he could, but then he thought of Yoongi hyung's pep talk. As blunt and seemingly passionless as it was, it was encouraging. He was Kim Taehyung, dammit, not a plumber!

"No, no, I'm not a plumber." Taehyung said, looking up to meet the barely covered stranger. The man raised his eyebrows.

"Well, who are you?" He asked. Taehyung lifted his chin slightly.

"Taehyung. Sol's friend. Who are you?" Tae informed him matter-of-fact-ly. He was expecting the man's face to fall. Well, really, Tae was expecting anything other than the reaction he got. The man in the towel smirked mischievously and crossed his huge ass arms over his muscular chest.

"Song Kyungsoo. Sol's brother." He said. Taehyung would be lying if he said he didn't almost shit himself. There were very few people that could be worse to meet than meeting the boyfriend. The brother was pretty high on that list. Taehyung awkwardly shoved the socks into his pocket. Explaining that would make this whole situation even more uncomfortable. What would he even say if Kyungsoo asked? Yes, hi, I'm just bringing your sister socks. Completely platonically, though. Not to worry. Realizing he was taking way too long to respond, Taehyung blurted out the first thing to pop into his mind.

"Pleased to meet your acquaintance." He said. As soon as he said it, he knew that he shouldn't have. Who even says that? God, as if the encounter wasn't awkward enough, his weird brain just had to have a spaz attack. Lovely.

"Uh, right. Why are you here?" Kyungsoo asked, eyeing Taehyung quizzically. Shit. Another thing Taehyung hadn't thought of yet. There was no way he could actually tell Kyungsoo the truth, especially since he didn't seem to be the kind of brother who was tolerant of his sister's boyfriends.

"I was just, um, in the neighborhood, and—"

"TAETAE." A little voice screamed. Taehyung was used to girls screaming his name—no, not like that, get your mind out of the gutter—but this one was different, a savior from heaven above: Bo-Bae.

"BaeBae!" He greeted her enthusiastically, planting a kiss on her temple in secret thanks as he scooped her up effortlessly. He spun her around as she giggled, her long black hair a tangled mess as he twirled her. When Taehyung set her back down and glanced over at Kyungsoo, he was doing something Tae hardly expected. He was smiling. Bo-Bae embraced Taehyung's legs as the idol raised his eyebrows at the previously intimidating man's grin.

"So, you're that Taehyung, huh?" He asked. Taehyung didn't know who that Taehyung was. He would nod, but he didn't know if that Taehyung was actually someone with his namesake that did something less than commendable. So he just kind of stood there, a deer in the headlights just trying not to fall over from how rigorously Bo-Bae was squeezing his legs. "Kim Taehyung? The guy my sister won't shut up about?" He questioned.

"She talks about me?" Taehyung asked, his eyes going wide and his high hopes restored. Kyungsoo threw his head back in a booming laugh.

"Easy there, big fella. She says you're good with that little rascal there." Kyungsoo smirked and pointed to the little girl who was now wrapped around Taehyung's leg like a koala as a result of her not receiving Taehyung's full attention. Bo-Bae's human jungle gym flushed in embarrassment. "Relax, I won't tell Sol you have a thing for her."

"Whoawhoawhoa, I do not have a thing for her." Taehyung said, trying his best to be convincing. Kyungsoo leaned back against the counter, not falling for Tae's acting skills.

"You do. I can tell. You're just in denial." Sol's brother said knowingly.

"I'm not in denial!" Tae denied, deflating under Kyungsoo's pointed look.

"Just be glad I know. I was lowkey planning to flirt with you. You're looking like a whole snack in that jacket." The half naked man said shamelessly. If Taehyung wasn't red before, he surely was now. In fact, he practically choked on his own spit at Kyungsoo's words. Bo-Bae peeled herself off of his leg worriedly as he coughed, face red as Jimin's Dope-Era hair, Kyungsoo laughing mischievously.

"Uncle Soo! Help! He's dying! Give him the high lick!" Bo-Bae screeched, butchering the pronunciation of the procedure, the "Heimlich." Kyungsoo grinned and approached the two.

"Gladly." He winked, and Taehyung was shocked into recovery.

"Nonono, I'm okay. I'm fine, uh, wow, would you look at the time?" He said, looking down at his wrist despite not wearing a watch. He knelt down to Bo-Bae and pulled the chocolate bar from his pocket. She gasped in delight and kissed the tip of Taehyung's nose lightly. "I'll come see you again soon, okay? I have to get going. Be good for your mommy—and your uncle, okay?"

"You got it, dude." She saluted, and Taehyung smiled. Standing to face Kyungsoo, he laughed shyly under his amused gaze.

"Nice to meet you, man. Tell Sol I stopped by?" He asked hopefully, and Kyungsoo grinned, accepting Taehyung's outstretched hand as they did that bro-handshake thing guys do.

"I'll have her text you. Only after having her give me your number, of course." Kyungsoo jokingly flirted, and Taehyung laughed, smiling shyly despite knowing Kyungsoo was just fucking with him at this point.

"I'll see you." Taehyung bade him goodbye, and started for the door.

"Bye, TaeTae! I love you!" Bo-Bae called. Taehyung faltered, a soft smile of sentimentality on his full lips. Bo-Bae hadn't told him that last part before.

"And I love you, cutie pie." He called over his shoulder before letting himself out.

Kyungsoo placed his hand over his heart, cooing softly at the cute scene he just witnessed.

"Sol needs to cuff that man immediately." He mumbled to himself. Frowning slightly he made his way to his bag of clothes he had brought to babysit Bo-Bae that was sitting on the couch. "Ugh. Why are all the cute ones straight?"