• PROLOGUE •

Author's Note:

Hi fam! Heer this side. His P.A. was my absolute first book on Wattpad. It's amateur, my writing style wasn't built then, and will probably contain mistakes. But this is just to let you know that I had never, ever expected this book to blow up.

It has been made into a series, available on Wattpad & Inkitt, won the Heart Conquerer Award and been the number one FanFiction on Wattpad three times straight.

It's probably not even that great... but to those who're reading this anyways, thank you, for giving this book a chance and me.

My better and now published works include: His Wife (sequel),
Back To You,
Humesha,
Stars,
and What's A Soulmate?

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the read.

Love,
Heer.

P R O L O G U E

"come on Nandini!"

"Nandini!!"

"Nandini!!"

I sighed. They were cheering for me as if I had won an oscar but I hadn't, they were cheering for me to complete the dare.

A single, stupid dare.

"Okay, I'm doing it", I said but I myself didn't know how I got the power to do so.

My three stupid friends stared at me with pride.

I took my phone with trembling, nervous hands, as I unlocked it and opened the contact.

It was just a dare. I reminded myself.

But this dare wasn't just. It was about Manik Malhotra.

Manik Malhotra. The only love of my life. The star crossed metaphor that burnt me down into ashes. I built him and he destroyed me.

I looked up at my friends and nodded negatively. They smiled sympathetically at me.

I gulped my saliva mastering the courage and finally dialled the call button on the top.

Ring
Ring
Ring

With each passing ring, my heartbeat grew.

I felt a warm hand in mine trying to comfort me but it wasn't helping. Why was I even doing this?

"Hello", I heard his voice.

The same, old husky voice. My breath hitched and tears arose in my ears.

After one year, I was hearing him, his voice, which I once took as a prayer.

I closed my eyes as everything came back to me. Our hugs, our kisses, our love, our betrayal.

"Hello?" He asked again.

I had zoned out and listening to his voice wasn't helping. I was shivering.

"H...ello.." I gasped. My voice was lower than intended.

What will he react when he recognises me?

"Yes. Who is this?" He asked in a cold voice.

I took a huge breath and my head fell back. He didn't recognise me.

He didn't.

Hurt flashed across my face with tears but I covered it.

"Is that Rahul Singhania speaking?" I said in my normal voice trying to cover it up.

Please recognise me, Manik. Please.

"No wrong number..." He said from the other end.

He didn't recognise me. But how is this possible?

He promised to love me forever and just after one year, he forgot me?!

Was this how weak our love was?

"Oh, sorr-...." the phone went dead already. I took a deep sigh.

I ran my hands over my bare arms trying to calm me down but it didn't help.

He loved me. Didn't he?

I felt comforting hands pulling me closer and I sobbed hard.

"We're sorry....", they said. I wish I could tell them what I was going through but all the frustration just came out as tears.

"He doesn't remember me anymore... I... he.. loved me", I managed to say.

But how can he forget me? I know what I did was wrong, but what he did was wrong too. In between our game of betrayal, we lost our love.

But I thought love doesn't end so soon. I couldn't ever get over him, and I don't even want to. I have found a happy place for myself admist his memories, our memories.

I knew he'd be angry, he'd be hurt just like I was. But I never expected him to forget me so easily while I spent sleepless nights in his memories!

Was I just another fling for him?

My insecurities threatened to take over me.

Of course I was!

And I expected this to be his love! I loved him like a fool.

I cursed myself for a single whole year for leaving him this way and running away like a coward but now I feel what I did was really right. He never loved me anyway. Love is far fetched, I don't see him even remembering me.

The worst thing about broken love is that you have to grieve the death of a person who is still alive.

I meant nothing to him. All our love meant nothing to him.

Or maybe, it was me who mistook everything for his love...

Maybe he never considered me more than his friend or his mere employee and I sealed hopes.

After all, I was just a mere employee.

I was his personal assistant.

Just his personal assistant.

~some parts of the story are PRIVATE and you have to follow me to read all~

This story runs in flashback in Nandini's POV to when she was his P.A and then continues from the prologue.

Thank you!