10. When Fireflies Glew

*unedited*

N A N D I N I

*flashback continues*

I hated being in spotlight, and now, all the news channels had my picture on wondering who me, the mystery girl, is.

35,070 likes and 4000 comments

I sighed. This was the only picture on my Instagram and from 3 likes to 35,000 likes all thanks to the ever so generous Manik Malhotra.

I had become the talk of all the fandoms. The Manik Malhotra, who doesn't follow anyone except his four band mates and their official Fab5 page, followed a random girl. My followers had shot up from 50 to 50k and I couldn't do anything.

"You need to chill baby!" Aryamman said as he pulled me closer. The sun had already set and it was evening, I and Aryamman were out in the lawn.

No one had cared to check upon us, so we didn't even make our way out.

I nodded at Aryamman with a weak smile.

"You're still hurt, hmm?" He asked. Hurt was an understatement.

"No!" I lied smiling.

"You don't need to act in front of me, I've just met you a few days back, but aise lagta hai humara janam- janam ka rishta hai....", he said.

I was shocked onto how he felt the same.

"How cheesy Aryamman!" I said giggling as I hit his bicep and he laughed.

"Yeh acha hai haa Nandini, tumhe Aryamman kya mil gaya, tum apne pehle pyaar ko toh bhul hi gayi!" I heard Cabir shout as he ran towards us and made himself comfortable besides me.

Now I was in the centre, with my two guardian angels, Cabir and Aryamman on my two sides.

"Nandini, you can't ignore me for him. Yeh toh London vapis jaa raha hai agle hafte, mein hi tumhara one and only pyaar hu!", Cabir complaint pouring and I couldn't help but pull his cheek.

I ignored my heart falling down on the only thought that Aryamman will be leaving the next week. In just these few days, he had become a very important part of my life.

Aryamman. My first actual friend in Mumbai, my saviour, my guardian. Just like the light in my darkness, he had actually lit me up. He just emitted positive vibes like his contagious smile.

"Bothered about Soha, haa?" Cabir said slowly taking my hand in his. Have I become so predictable?

"No!" I lied with a weak smile. I have started lying too much these days, not showing my true feelings, not telling what I actually feel.