16. The Truth Unknown

*unedited*

N A N D I N I

"our end!" I said with a heavy heart as I got up and left. I didn't have the power to face him anymore and neither did he.

I had just moved a few steps away when I saw Cabir and Aryamman standing there with their hands folded, their eyes red and so many emotions written all over their face which showed me clearly that they both had listened to all our talks.

I looked back at Manik who was looking at the pond intently. He took a stone and threw it in the water with a dry laugh. "Aa gaye iske karan-arjun!" He laughed.

I shook my head in disappointment. Can he ever change?

I looked at them and walked away inside my own room, in the balcony of my room but I kept the door open because deep down my heart I knew that Cabir and Aryamman and heard the truth and atleast one of them would follow me despite the fact that I wanted to be left alone for some time.

"Nandini!" Cabir called as he sat by me and placed his jacket over my bare shoulders. He cared for me so much, can't I marry him?

"I heard everything....", he sighed and I nodded weakly leaning my head on his chest as he wrapped his hand around me.

"Kya tumhe lagta hai meri galti hai? I shouldn't have left him and gone away? Am I the reason he's suffering Cabir.....", I sobbed and he consoled me.

"Aao mein tumhe ek secret batata hu!" He said holding me and I looked at him intently, waiting for him to say ahead. Can he tell me that this is all a nightmare and that I am going to get up in my bed the next morning?

"Manik, one and a half year pehle, he did not sleep with Soha!" He said and my eyes bulged out. Why did Manik lie then?

"He did not fuck Soha, in his language. After seeing you kiss, mein Manik ke paas gaya tha! And I saw that Soha had spiked his water, he was swaying here and there. But not for once he touched her, he passed out completely with Soha throwing herself on him. And the next morning, Soha made it look like they were together on the bed. She convinced him that it was his ego who didn't let him stop and that they had a night, they got laid...", Cabir's voice faded and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"But that video with which Manik was threatened.....?", I asked curiously. My heart heated faster with every passing second and I held the jacket tightly.

Please tell me that Manik had not broken the promise, that Manik hadn't cheated, that Manik was innocent.

"It was a blue print video, it was edited. This was a full proof plan by Soha because she wanted to get back to Manik's life, she wanted to trap Manik again since he'd become a billionaire now and she needed money. And the first step to her success was to throw you out which she did. Manik fell into her trap but her plan backfired because she didn't know that this was love, sweetheart. Manik loves you, and he destroyed her with his own hands for trying to even lay a finger on your self respect...", Cabir concluded and my eyes were wide open in shock.

I was sobbing hard by the end holding Cabir. My Manik is innocent! He isn't guilty!

He hadn't broken his promise, he loves me! I and Manik still have a chance, a hope.

"But tumne usse bataya kyu nahi? Cabir, you-... you are his friend, you should have saved him. Tumhe usse batana chahiye, he's living in Di much pain Cabir, meine uske aakhon mein dekha hai!" I said frantically as I got up to leave to tell Manik the truth.

"No Nandini!" Cabir said as he held my hand and pulled me back.

"I know he is suffering with no mistake of his, I know that!" He shouted, "but that's what he did to you, right? He punished you with no mistake of yours!"