18. Healed And Hurt

*unedited*

N A N D I N I

"He loves you, sweetheart, we've seen it in his eyes", Aryamman tried convincing me.

"I know he does, but sometimes, you need to tell, right? He doesn't expect me to think that I know that without he telling him, or does he?" I said furiously as I stopped pacing around and finally turned to see Aryamman busy with his phone and Cabir in deep thoughts.

I couldn't help it, I know I am the worst best friend ever. It is Cabir's ring ceremony tonight, and here I was fussing with my problems instead of helping him get ready. But the best part about it is, he didn't mind that at all. He had missed me just as much as I had missed him, and he loved solving my problems. I just loved him so much, everyone should have someone like Cabir in their lives.

But even I couldn't help it, I was just telling them what I felt. Cabir and Navya will get wedded today and I have to leave back to London! And though I know that Manik loves me, he needs to tell this to me if he wants me to wait with him. Orelse what? I'd be gone, again!

"Nandini, Nandini! You need to calm down sweetheart!" Aryamman said again.

"Yeah but-....." I tried saying but I couldn't say anything. "I'm sorry Cabir!" I finally said as I fell back to the bed and Cabir, for the first time in the last ten minutes opened his mouth to say something but closed it back instantly. Argh Cabir!

"Nandini, everything will be fine? Trust me, let me talk to him?" Aryamman said.

"Okay!" I agreed sarcastically, because Manik will you-are-a-gay zone him again.

"Get ready jaan, I'll talk to him. You're his, as he said, and he wouldn't let you go away again. If he does, I'm gonna kick him in the ass!" Cabir finally said and I let out a giggle as he got up and kissed my forehead, finally dragging out Aryamman with him.

I packed my bags for safer sides. I know I am yours Manik, but please let me know that you love me too! Please.

~

M A N I K

Fuck.

I don't understand what is the need for people to get married, commit into a relation like this. Two people get married, they start interfering in each other's life, feel suffocated and ultimately give up. Like my own fucking parents, together just for the sake of the society. And that is why, marriage is just a waste of time.

I felt suffocated in that blue and white sherwani, standing near the havan kund as Cabir kept smiling like a fool waiting for Navya, so I decided to slid out for a while.

Just as I got out, panting and sweating, the sight in front of me left me gaping. There she was, my angel, walking down the aisle, in a blue lehenga showing off her perfect curves and stomach skin, playing with her hair and earring, busy in her own world. My princess!

She walked to me with a bright smile playing on her face. But above those eyes, I could see lines of some worry playing on her forehead.

"Hi Manik!" She said as she came, side hugging me. I had missed being in her arms since two years, and everytime I felt her arms wrapping around my body, I felt it was worth the wait.

"What happened, hmm?" I asked playing with her hair, putting it behind her ears. I loved the way her straight and silky hair fell down her shoulders till her waist, I was addicted to them, their scent. I would never let a single scissor touch her hair.