11. The Destroyer I Loved

N A N D I N I

*flashback continues*

I wiped my tears and drank a sip of water. I couldn't get Manik's words out of mind.

"you might be a Juliet or a princess Nandini, but I can never be your Prince Charming"

"we all chose roles, I play that of a monster, a destructive monster"

No matter how strong I portray myself to be, these words always find their way back to me and haunt me down.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

Cabir.

I immediate picked up the phone.

"HELLO!" Aryamman screamed through the other side.

Aryamman? But it was Cabir who was calling me.

"Before you use your brain Einstein, the phone is a conference all between you, me and Aryamman", Cabir boomed through the other side.

Einstein. Jhansi Ki Rani. There was something seriously wrong with my Cabir.

"Earth to Nandini!" Aryamman shouted again.

"Oh yeah, sorry.... hi!" I greeted flushing.

"Nandini, are you okay?" Cabir asked.

"Yes, mujhe kya hua hai?" I lied trying to sound all normal.

"Yeh fake khushi aur strong rehne ki acting mere saamne math karna. Meine kaha tha na humara janam-janam ka rishta hai?" Aryamman scolded from the other end.

"Wait! Janam-Janam ka rishta agar kiska hai toh that is me and Nandini!" Cabir bickered. "Tu meri jagah lene ki try math kar uski life mein, she is just my jaane-mann", Cabir joked.

"Haa baba okay, voh teri behen hai, khush?" Aryamman teased.

"Aryammannnn!" Cabir gritted his teeth.

I was just staying silent listening to their conversation. I was so happy to have them in my life.

"Guys! Guys! Is this why you called me?" I finally intervened.

"Nahi, Nahi! We called you to inform you about something........", Aryamman's voice faded.

"Haa?"

"Actually, after leaving from your house, I had gone for an informal meeting outside with my old friend at a club. And umm, I saw Manik there. I mean, he was alone. I don't think he was with someone, but I don't know since I left after seeing him to avoid necessary problems...", Aryamman said. I took a deep breath.

"So, we just wanted to warn you against him. I mean, mera best friend hai voh, and I've seen some feelings in his eyes for you. But I'm sure yeh uske saath first time ho raha hai, he doesn't know how to handle these feelings. And humein darr hai, that he'd take some wrong step in jealousy", Cabir concluded.

I silently prayed to god, thanking him for sending these two angels in my life.

"I'd be careful guys, thank you", I said, unsure of what I should say.

"Just promise us you'd keep your distance from him? I mean, don't take any wrong steps?", Aryamman asked.

"Promise, I'd maintain my distance", I chirped.

"That's like my-... our Nandini!" Cabir said, finally allowing me to be shared with Aryamman too.

I giggled and so did Aryamman.