『 vi. WENDY DARLING 』

◤ chapter six, WENDY DARLING ◢

         Davina couldn't say that Thanksgiving was ever her favorite holiday

Davina couldn't say that Thanksgiving was ever her favorite holiday. Really, it didn't even rank in the top three. Most people enjoyed it because of the expectation of great food and time with family, a time to really say that you're grateful for all that life has given you. Or maybe because Black Friday was only a day away – and oh, the sales were amazing.

But Davina wasn't a fan of the food that was cooked. Turkey never tasted good and she had never been a fan of ham. Stuffing was disgusting and her mother never knew how to cook any type of casserole no matter how hard she tried. Lucy was a bit better, but it still wasn't fully enjoyable. Really, only the bread that was served appetized her. She much preferred anything else than what was traditionally served at Thanksgiving dinners.

Then there was the fact that, after the split between her parents, she would spend it with her mother. They didn't do anything, that was probably for the best, so she would be alone for the whole day. That last two years, though, before her dad found out that she wasn't celebrating so he would come and pick her up so she could eat dinner at his house; with his new family. At least Finn was there, but it still didn't make it any better.

So she got to spend Thanksgiving with her dad and step-mother along with her half-brother. That experience wasn't exactly joyful either and she spent every moment wishing for it all to end so that she could go home. Even as an adult; especially as an adult. She always wanted to just spend it with Brinley, but her roommate always went to her brother's house to celebrate the holiday so she would be alone if she didn't go to her dad's.

This year, though, with Finn in juvie...her dad let her off the hook. Davina hated that she was so relieved that she wouldn't have to sit through such a treacherous thing, happy that she could just spend it alone. So when the clock hit five in the afternoon, Brinley smiled at her and left their apartment so that Davina was truly alone.