Chapter twelve

Edited as of April 27, 2021
_________________________________________

No ones pov

Zelda was awake for almost the whole evening. While Link and Mipha were sound asleep. She had her knees to her chest, resting her chin on her arms.

"Was the dream telling me something? Is the Calamity... actually coming?" she questioned, looking out to the twin peaks.

She turned to Link and Mipha smiling sadly. Link stirred in his sleep, curled up like a ball. Zelda laughed softly and stoked his hair gently. Mipha had soon woke up eyes fluttering open slightly as she yawned and looked around with a groggy expression. She hummed when she looked at Zelda and smiled sleepily.

"Morning, Princess." She whispered sitting up and stretching forward.

"Morning, Mipha." Zelda returned the smile.

"Why-" her yawned cut her off before finishing, "... W-why are you up early princess?" She asked. Zelda bit her lip nervously and thought of a lie.

"I'm used to waking up early." She smiled sweetly. Mipha nodded and stood up brushing herself off. Zelda looked back at Link as he snored away and had a small smile on his face. She giggled and played with the tips of his gold bangs.

Link sneezed making Mipha and Zelda giggled to each other. "Aw~ that was cute!" Mipha cooed with her hands lifted up to her chest, intertwined with her own.

"I know. He sounded so cute!" Zelda giggled softly, moving his hair out of his face. 

"Um... Princess? Can I ask you something?" Zelda looked at her confused but nodded.

"Sure ask away, Mipha."

Mipha pov

I bit my lip nervous of asking the Princess this embarrassing offer, especially considering that Zelda might refuse or think of it weirdly.

"Erm... well... I was wondering for your event if... umm... Link could accompany as my plus one?" I stammered nervously, covering my now heated cheeks with my hair like fins. Zelda blinked a couple of times not fully comprehending what I ask.

"W-what!" Her voice rose a bit. I looked down keeping my hair like fin covering my cheeks.

"Well... um... I was going to have Link as mine since he is my knight but..." My expression feel and I let go of my fins. Wait... she wanted Link as her plus one as well?

"Wait, you were going to ask him?" I asked shocked at her words. Her face got red in an instant.

"W-well, erm, I-I uh..." She bit her lip and looked away.

I had looked at the Princess with a nervous expression, as I opened my mouth to ask something I never would have dreamed of asking her Majesty. "Princess, do you... like Link?" I paused each time trying to figure out a way to actually ask her. I could see her face get even more to a darker shade of red. Oh...

"What!? Psst- No, of course I don't,  Mipha. He's just my knight and nothing more. I couldn't possibly fall for him." She laughed aloud, although her usual genuine laugh felt uneasy and forced.

I titled my head at her, "Princess, are you sure you don't?" I asked once more, hoping her answer would be no once more and this time more convincing. Until she asked me something I would never want to answer.

"Why, do you like him?" My face painted with every shade of red as I quickly turned away, covering my face with my hair like fins once more.

"Mipha?" She asked me eagerly, grabbing my shoulder and turning me around to face her.

"Y-yes?"

"You do like Link don't you!?" She exclaimed smiling. I pushed her away gently and shook my head.

"No, No, No! I dont have any feelings toward him. He's just a friend and nothing more!" I agured back. She raised an eyebrow and smiled.

"Okay~ so you don't mind if I take him to the event as my plus one then?" She asked. I could feel her smile turn into a smirk. What was she doing?

I looked at her with my eyes widen and my mouth gapped open. "Well... No. But still maybe we should... um," I looked at Link and smiled. "We should let Link decide who he wants to go with." I explain briefly. She blinked and sat criss-cross on the blanket, fixing herself. She hummed thinking about it for a second and then nodded her head in agreement. Oh thank Hylia.

"Okay. We'll let Link decide. But he can't know about this." I nodded in agreement.

"Alright."

Link pov

I heard mumbling voices as my eyes peered open. The sun was facing me making my vision blurry as I yawned. I fully opened my eyes, looking around with a grumpy expression and looked at the giggling princesses.

"Can you guys keep it down! I was trying to sleep!" I said annoyed rolling onto my side. They looked at each other and back at me.

"Sorry." They said unison. I sighed and told them it was fine before closing my eyes again.

But Zelda had to ruin that by shaking my shoulder to wake me up again. I groaned and turned on my back to look up at both of them with an irritated look.

"What!" I asked groaning. Zelda smiled sweetly and put her hands on her hips.

"Well, we did said we would take off in the morning. So we have to go back home before the event." She explained to me and I sat up lazily slouching over. I yawned again and stretched returning to my same position.

"Alright. I guess I did say that." I stood up slowly feeling all the heavy weight on my legs to my head making me dizzy but catching my balance.

The princesses packed up everything we brought as I made one last breakfast meal. I made Honeyed fruit with extra spicy peppers for Zelda. I gave them their plates and sat down next to them. They both were by my side enjoying the food.

"Amazing as always!" Zelda admires, taking in every bite. I laugh and nod. Mipha stays silent eating the honeyed fruit just staring at the floor.

"How do you like it, Mipha?" I ask smiling. Snapping her out making her look at me with a smile.

"Oh... um it's amazing, Link! I love it!" I smiled happily hearing her sweet compliment.

We finished our plates and packed the rest of our things then sattled up the horses.

I helped Mipha on to my horse as she struggled to get up, almost falling down. I lifted her up and sat her down in front of me with the basket. Zelda looked at us and looked away, pulling the reins of the horse to make it go.

I followed behind her trying to speed up my horse to catch up to hers.

"Hey Zelda, when was the event you were going to have?" I question not fully sure of when the event was. She tapped her chin, glanced at Mipha and me then smiled.

"In a couple of days. Why ask?" She looked at me with a sweet smile.

I shrug and keep my attention forward. "Just wanted to know."

"Alright?"  She sounded confused but I couldn't blame her. I couldn't give her an explanation just yet.