chapter thirty-four

Third

Zelda stoop at the foot of the mountain, looking down at Naboris stalk around Gerudo Desert. The sand storm covering around it. Zelda held on to the Slate tightly to her chest.

"She's gone Link... I couldn't save her in time."

"Hey, it's okay Zelda. We tried to come here in time. We have to go and help Daruk before the same thing happens to him." Link said, placing his hand on the top of the Slate, gazing into her eyes. She looked back at him little tears falling down her cheeks.

"Right..." she mumbled.

Link held her tightly. His chin on top of her head.

"We already lost Mipha... And now we lost Urbosa... all because of the Thunderblight Ganon... we lost two of them..." she cried.

"I know... but we need to get going to help the others before their gone to." He whispered softly, rubbing her back in circular patterns.

She gripped on his tunic, nodding slowly in his chest.

"Okay..." he released her, kissing the top of her head. She smiled gently, handing him the Slate. He gingerly took it out of her hands, hooking it on to his belt.

"Let's go help Daruk now."

~~~

Daruk had been trying to get tobthe top of Death Mountain, but each attempt he tried Rudania would push him back sending rocks down to him. He had the Goron soldiers help him make it up the mountain, yet still nothing worked.

Zelda and Link made it to Goron City, fire proofed with elixir. Link lead Zelda up to Death Mountain to find Daruk. By the time they got up the mountain, they had flaming rocks flying down at them. Link took out his sword getting in front of Zelda. As the rock came flying toward them a bright light of bluish green flashed in front of them. Link shielded his eyes from the light ad did Zelda.

The rock rolled down the Mountain the flame burning out. Both Link and Zelda looked up to see Daruk. He turned around to face them with a wide grin.

"Hey there little guy! And princess. I thought you guys were suppose to be at the castle dealing with the Calamity?"

Zelda looked away rubbing her arm.

"We came here to help you with Rudania." Link spoke up.

"Help? You know how to take back Rudania?" Daruk said over joyed with the news.

Link nodded, taking off the Slate from his belt and showing it to Daruk. He looked at the small slate. His large finger on his chin.

"That's suppose to help me?" He asked confused.

Link nodded placing it back on his belt.

"All we need to do is get to the top and on Rudania and get to the main terminal to take it back from the Calamity hold." Daruk nodded in agreement, pumping his mammoth fist together.

"Let's go take back Rudania little guy!" Daruk said. Link smiled looking back at Zelda.

"Come on. Well need your help."

"What? But I can't help you in this... I mean I couldn't even help Urbosa or Mipha..."

"Hey... it's okay. Don't blame yourself like I did when I lost Mipha." He whispered to her, placing to fingers under her chin lifting it up for him to look at her.

"But-"

"No buts! Now c'mon. Are you coming to help us or no?" He asked with a playful smirk, growing on his lips.