Chapter sixteen

Edited as of May 4, 2021
_________________________________________

Link pov

Zelda looked at us with her arms crossed over her chest and had a stare a mother woukd have when scolding her children. We all walked up to her nervously and stood before her.

"Link?" She asked calmly. I looked at her and smiled nervously.

"Y-yes?" Oh this can't be good.

"Why are all three of your garments teared?" I looked at our garments barely realizing how most up they were.

"Uhh... We..."

"Fell off a tree, princess." She looked at Daruk with an eyebrow raised.

"A tree?" We nodded quickly with Daruk's statement. She looked over us and then back at me, coming closer.

I gulped as her face came close to mine. I laughed nervously. "Where are the presents you were going to get, Link?" Her voice went cold at the sound of my name as she glared at me making it even more harder to lie. "Uhh... I... um...."

"We dropped the presents on the way here when we fell off the trees." Revali said with her arms crossed. Daruk and I gave Revali a complex look blinking a couple of times.

"Really?" She question not completely buying our little white lie. I mean who can blame her? These excuses were pretty dumb. I looked at her and then back at Revali and Daruk then back at her. "Y-yeah! We did, they fell into Hyrule lake and we couldn't get them back." I said. She hummed questionably then sighed, rubbing her hand down her face.

"Of course you did. Well I hope you three never go on trees again for who knows why! And be more careful please?" We nodded in understanding as she walked away to Urbosa and Mipha.

The three of us sighed in relief and smiled. "Well that was a close on. Thanks to you Revali we didn't get in trouble." Daruk patted Revali back making him stumble a little but quickly catching his balance.

"Yes and the last time I save your sorry butts." He said stern and walked off. Me and Daruk chuckled and joined the others.

Zelda pov

I walked over to Mipha and Urbosa who had a wide grin on her face. "So, what were those three up to?" She asked intrigued.

"They claim to have fell off a tree while getting presents." I sighed rolling my eyes at their little lie. I would have punished them but it was an event for them so I might as well let it slide this once.

Urbosa chuckled heartily at their lie. "Oh princess." I gave her complex look as she laughed. "What?" I whined. She shook her head and smiled sweetly. "Nevermind, it was nothing important." I smiled then we continued talking with Mipha and Urbosa.

___

The event went on till late night. The Gorons, including Daruk left the party followed by the Rito and Revali. Urbosa and Mipha stayed for awhile to talk with Zelda and Link for the mean time.

"This event was amazing princess! It was fun, honorable and just exciting." Mipha exclaimed happily. Zelda giggled at her reaction and smile.

"It was wasn't it." Mipha smiled sweetly, nodding her head. Urbosa stood up fixing her dress like armor. "Well I best be going now Princess, Link."

"Okay, Urbosa. Have a safe trip back home." Zelda waved. Urbosa gave her a little salute before telling her Gerudo to leave with her. The only ones left were Link, Zelda and Mipha. The zora already left home to the Domain for their usual after party but Mipha wanted to stay behind.