chapter twenty-six

Third

It's been a few days since Link came back from the Domain to check on Mipha and her people. He escorted Zelda everywhere she was suppose to go but never spoke to her.

Today, Zelda wanted to make it up to Link, try to change the way she's been acting toward him. Well, the way Impa asked her to be toward him.

She dressed in her blue royal casual suit and made her way down the castle stairs to the main hall. Link was sharpening his master sword just near the stairs where Zelda had came down from. He heard her foot steps and kept quiet, hearing Zelda speak to one of the maids.

"Have you guys seen Link anywhere?" She asked.

Link scooted closer to the back of the stairs trying not to be noticed.

"No princess. I haven't seen him since he came back from the Domain a couple of days ago and the last time you too came back from Daruk's place." The maid answered.

Zelda sighed thanking the maid and walking off to another to find Link.

Link leaned his head back on the stair wall and sighed deeply glancing down at his master sword. He curled his fingers around the handle sliding it into its blue sheath. (or whatever color the sheath is) Standing from where he stood and slowly walking to where Zelda went.

"Have you guys seen Link anywhere?" Zelda asked almost desperately to the gaurds. They shock their heads, "sorry princess, we haven't seen him..." "since he got back... of course..." she cut the gaurd off wrapping her arms around herself, almost hugging her arms.

"Thank you anyways." She said softly with a weak smile before walking away.

The gaurds looked at each and frowned. Mumbling amongst themselves.

Zelda walked out of the castle not even bothering to keep asking to where Link was. All she wanted to do was make it up to him. And he wasn't anywhere in the castle, that she didn't know of.

Zelda covered her face with her hands and slouched down by a brick wall just outside the castle, bringing her knees up to her chest.

Link walked out of the castle and spotted Zelda. He frowned at the sight of her, and started approaching her slowly. 

Zelda didn't look up or even notice that Link was coming her way. He was hesitate but took a breather and placed his hand on her shoulder lightly making her jump at his touch.

He quickly took away his hand setting it beside him and rubbing it with his other arm, with his head hung low.

"L-Link..." Zelda whispered as she uncovered her face and looked up at him with glee.

"Link!" She exclaimed before getting to her feet about to hug Link but he stepped back with his hands up in a defense mode.

She looked at him and back down with a frown. Link glanced down at her, raising his hand to her face and down to her chin lifting it up to face him.

Her eyes were yelling out for her tears to fall, but she held them in. Link smiled weakly wiping away any tears that might spill out with his thumb. Zelda leaned against his touch and smiled sadly.

"L-Link... I want to make it up to you..." she whispered. He titled his head.

"What?" He breathed.

"I want to make things up to you, for how I've been acting well, the way Impa made me act..." she looked down at her feet.

"The way Impa made you act? What do you mean?" Link asked concerned.

She grabs him by the arm and drags Link up to her room, closing the door behind them. Zelda sat on her bed, patting a seat next to her. Link walked over and sat down.

"So?" He asked almost eagerly.

"Impa told me the only way I could possibly activate my powers, is if I keep my distance away from you and focus on getting my powers instead." She looked down at her dangling feet.

Link never took his eyes off her even if she was looking down.

"Oh... but she said keep your distance. Not act like a self princess..." He mumbled almost angrily.

Zelda looked up at him sadly and back down mumbling, " I know Link... I just thought it was the only way..." 

Link smile sadly and stood up reaching out his hand to Zelda. She tilted her head at him raising a curious brow. A smirk played on his face as he grabbed her hand to pull her up to her feet.

"Link what are you doing?" She asked with a small smile tugging at her lips. 

Link held onto her hand, opening the door of her room and running out of the castle.

"Link where are we going!" Zelda exclaimed as Link kept dragging her out of the castle down the bridge and to the town stables to grab their horses.

Zelda bent down with her hands resting in her knees. "Link... why... are we... here?" She panted as she gazed up at Link. He had that same smirk a playing on his lips, mischievous written in his eyes. Zelda began to bite on her lip a little as she stood up and looked at Link.

He got on his horse gesturing her to her own. She didn't wasit any time as she climbed on the saddle of her horse. Link tugged on the reins signaling his horse to go, Zelda following close behind.

~~~

They made their way to Safula Hills as they raced almost the ways to the small mountain.

"I don't know if this royal gear suits her. Do you think so Link?" She soothed her horse gently. Link smiled and nodded to her question soon answering on words.

"I think it does. It shows the true spirit of a Hyrule kingdom horse." He said happily.

Zelda giggled stopping her horse at the side of the hill. She got off and started walking up to the horse statue just in the middle of the little monument.

Link followed behind her as he got off his horse. He stopped when Zelda frozen on her place. She walked closer to the edge of the small sudden wall.

"See that mountain? That's Mt. Lanayru. they say, 'those under the age of seventeen, aren't able to enter.' I've prayed at the Spring of Power, and the Spring of Courage. But nothing has happened, nothing awoke inside me. I have a feeling that this time for sure, the spring of Wisdom will awake something inside me." She paused. "Tomorrow... Is my seventeenth birthday. And the day I make my way up the mountain to awake what is hidden inside me." She turned around to face me with determination written all over her. I nodded slightly bowing before her.

"Of course princess."

An: I added the memory of mount Lanayru in this since it went with it just changed up and made the scene different from the of, because I don't want to copywriter anything just kind of tool out little things I could use and change it.  And sorry for missspells!!

Till next time champions!😄😘