Chapter fourteen

Edited as of April 30, 2021
_________________________________________

Mipha pov

I stood there frozen like a rock, keeping the hand Link kissed up. Link kissed my hand... He kissed... My hand... OH MY GODDESS LINK JUST KISSED MY HAND!!! I yelled in my mind just comprehending that he kissed my hand. I couldn't believe it. He actually did it. Should I tell Zelda? Or should I just let it be and wait?

I finally snapped out of my trance, my cheeks getting warmer and warmer by the minute. I scanned around to find Link but he was no where to be seen. I sighed, holding my hand my chest as I left the feeling overwhelm me. Though I did wonder why he kissed my hand. It could have possibly been out of habit, and it was a gentlemen thing to do. Or so I've heard.

But from Link... oh my Goddess...

Zelda pov

"Should we have his name carved on the monument or all the names, princess?" The blond hylian maid asked. I thought about it and suggested for all their names to be on the monument since they are the champions, not just Link alone. They nodded jotting down the request and asked me more questions based on the preparations.

"Okay, um, thank you. But, I think those should be discussed with my father. I have no part in that." I said. They had asked me about the main ceremony. That wasn't entirely up to me more my father. They nodded and walked off to find my father. I sighed stretching my arms out to let myself finally relax. 

I looked around the Main Hall and noticed the champions talking to one another at the end of the hall. A smile grazed my lips as I hurried over toward them, greeting them happily.

"Hello everyone." I smiled. The champions turned to me and waved.

"Hello, princess." Urbosa did a small salute to me.

"Hey." Revali said mono-tone.

"Hey there little Z." Daruk said happily.

Link smiled and waved to busy talking with Daruk and Revali about who knows what.

I smiled happily at them, as I drew closer to them. Urbosa approached me with her grin and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"This event is coming together well, princess." I nodded.

"Yes, it really is Urbosa.  And I can't wait for the day to come to celebrate you champions." I exclaimed happily folding my hands over my chest.

She chuckled, "Well, I can't wait for that day to arrive. You've done so much in such little time, I'm proud of you." She spoke softly, almost in a motherly tone. Urbosa always reminded me of my mother. From what I could remember at least, and I was - no, I'm always grateful for Urbosa and how she has stayed by my side through thick and thin.

"Thank you, Urbosa."

Link pov

Daruk and Revali tried showing off their weapons to me, and it sure was interesting to say the least. Daruk had his Boulder breaker while Revali had his Great Eagle Bow and I had the master sword. Of course, Revali boasted more compared to me and Daruk about his bow and his skills. Me and Daruk would just listen and share glances.

"How about we have a little tournament." Revali suggested. Daruk and I looked at each other exchanging smirks.

"I think that's a great idea, Revali. Don't you think so, little guy?" Daruk asked me and I nodded pumped up for this little tournament.

"Then it's settled. On the day of the event, we shall have a a minor tournament in the place where Link was promoted to the Princesses personal knight, to show who has the better weapon and skill!" Revali explained. Daruk clasped his giant rock textured hands together and grinned.

"And that will be me!" He bragged.

"No, it's going to be me." I protested back at him with my tongue out like a child. He chuckled and slapped my back with his hand playfully but, making be loose balance and fall face first.

I heard them burst unto laughter as I pushed myself up from the ground. My face stained red from the hitting the carpet floor. I glared at them but soon enough, I joined in their laughter. "Alright, little guy we'll see in the event who is better. " I nod, standing up and brushing myself off.

"Can't wait to see the faces when I  win." Revali bragged with a smirk.

"I don't know, Revali. Just because you can fly doesn't mean you will win. Besides, we gotta make it fair for all three of us." Daruk suggested being the polite Goron he is. Though Revali just scuffed as if he got offended by Daruk's comment. It sure was a sight.

"Flying has nothing to do with it. And it will be fair, for your information you oversized rock." His waved his wing back and forth as if trying to sway away what Daruk had just said. Daruk just scratched his head and glanced at me as I shrugged and let Revali be.

"I'll make sure of it."