Aftermath

I was in the medical tent, looking frantically around. I was Adrien now, not Chat Noir. But she was here, she has to be. I wanted to see her face, I wanted to see that she was alive and well.

I looked around and with crushing hope realised she wasn't there. Maybe I had heard it wrong, maybe she wasn't alive.

" Adrien!"

I turned around fast thinking it was her, only to find another girl. She was not dusty at all but she had a shirt with my face on it. I smiled at her to be polite but I wanted to find my Lady. I had to see if she was alive.

" Adrien! Wait! We survived this together, this building collapse. Maybe we were meant to meet here, two survivors. Maybe we're lovers!"

I cringed, she was trying to hard. She was grasping for a reach to get to know me on a personal level.

" Look, I'm trying to find someone and I'd really appreciate it if you would leave me alone right now."
She was getting close to me now, uncomfortably close.

" Who are you trying to find? Your dad? Maybe I can help you?"
I didn't want to spend another second with her. She was bringing painful reminders that my dad was dead. That I didn't know if who I was finding was actually alive. I turned to the girl and grabbed her shoulders.

" I'm trying to find my girlfriend who I love very much. She has blue black hair and bright bluebell eyes, She's Asian. Have you seen her? If not... leave me alone."
She turned a shade of red, hopefully she was embarrassed by hitting on me.

" I'm sorry, I saw her waking down a hall when it fell. There was no way she survived, so much rubble fell on her. But you have me!"
She grabbed me and kissed me forcefully. I felt her get tugged away, but not by me. I watched as she got slapped and she fell on the ground.

" Liar, and I hate Liars."
I knew that voice all to well, it was the one I had fallen in love with.

Marinette...

I looked up and she was there, my breath went away and it was all her. She was in a blue hospital gown and dirty and dusty but she was still the most beautiful here. Here hair was messy but such a pretty sheen too it. Her eyes a bright bluebell, tired but she looked so alive.

I couldn't move my legs for a long time, a long long time. Until I finally ran to her and enveloped her in a huge hug.

She hugged me back and we cried, we just held each other and cried because we had each other. That was all that mattered, that we had each other.

I grabbed the fallen engagement ring from my pocket and got down on one knee.

" Marinette Dupain Cheng, the first time we did this we had our clever lies. Our masks and our secret identities. But this time I want to do it face to face the real us. The real Adrien and the true Marinette. Marinette, we've been through a lot lately and I just want you to know. Hell or High water we'll make it through and I was always love you. Will you marry me?"
She was crying, she grabbed me from off the ground and kissed me.

" Yes, for the second time yes. I will always say yes because I love you."
I heard clapping around us but then she tensed up. She pulled away and I saw her frightened look.

" Where's Felix? Where's my baby?!"
She started to cry, I realised she thought he was dead. I grabbed her and held her still.