Chapter 2

What do we do now?

~ Levi's POV ~

I woke up feeling my head throbbing, a dull pain in my side and my right foot completely numb. I peeled my eyes open just to find myself surrounded by darkness, only some rays of light peeking from what seemed cracks in the wood. Where the fuck am I...? Wait. The expedition. The titan. That idiot. Where the fuck am I? Where is she? Did she die? I thought I distracted the titan to get me instead of her... Why-

Almost all of my questions found an answer the moment I heard a rustle coming from outside. I jolted up from my previous position, instantly regretting it since my wounds hurt like a bitch. I unwillingly let out a growl filled with pain, already feeling dizzy, when a series of steps made me snap out of my trance. The cadet I thought dead, (F/n) (L/n) I believe she said, was right before me with concern painted all-over her face. Well at least she's alive, the brat.

"Good morning Corporal, how do you feel?" asked the cadet.
"Like shit. Where are we? Where are the others?" I barked.
"We are on a branch at 40 meters from the ground Sir, I built this hut with some spare branches while you were unconscious. I think the rest of the Scouts headed back to Wall Rose yesterday at noon Sir." Wait I was out for that long? This is going from bad to worse by the second.

"How the fuck did you managed to build all of this alone cadet?" I asked, poorly hiding my mild shock.
"Well, we're surrounded by trees Sir, it wasn't that difficult to find the wood. Besides I always carry a rope with me just in case something happens. My friends say I am the most skilled when it comes to survival in the wilderness and the fact that I also have the 3dgm make it even easier, Sir." she explained matter-of-factly.
"You can still use your 3dmg?" she nodded.
"THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL HERE IDIOT! You should have been with the others! What the fuck where you thinking? To camp outside and have a nice pic-nic here? Are you that stupid?" I shouted, seeing her face go from shock to sadness and in the end pure rage.
"Well sorry Sir if I saw you were wounded but still alive, next time I'll just leave you there at titan's mercy!" you said, sarcasm dripping from your words, "I thought better to help you instead of abandoning you here, since I know how to survive in this ungodly land. And maybe even find a way to save us both." What the fuck... why did she do something that stupid? Doesn't she give a shit about her life? Does she really think we'll make it out alive? Idiot.

"I know what you're thinkig Sir, and I'm sorry for my harshness, that was disrespectful and uncalled for. But listen to me when I tell you we willmake it out alive. We will survive.". Then a sad smile made its way onto her face. She looks so cute when she smiles, even if I can still see the pain I just caused to her... what the fuck am I thinking she's just a brat! Moreover, a stupid one!

"Well then, what do we do now brat?" I asked.
"I have to go and get us some food, you need to rest Sir. At least until your wounds get better. Also, try not to move, I don't want to stitch you together again, Sir." Wait she went that far? When? How? It must have been when I was out.

"Fine, (L/n).". And she left.

A couple of minutes later, I decided to take some time to check the place out, as well as myself: I was still sitting upright, my legs were covered by a Scouting Legion cloak, surely (F/n)'s. She must have used it to protect my wounds, as well as to keep me warm while I was out. In fact, she had removed most of my garments, leaving me in my trousers only, and left them in a corner of the hut. I barely recognised what was once my shirt, that's because some pieces of it were torn apart and put on my abdomen as some sort of bandages. Tch, some are even stained with blood and God-knows-what. Disgusting.

Then I took an overall look at the interior of the hut: I was lying on a series of coarse boards, that (F/n) most probably obtained from some branches in the forest, and the three walls and roof seemed no more refined than them. I was sitting in the top right corner, next to a circle of stones which housed inside what I presume were embers. (F/n) really thought about anything that could make me comfortable in this shit of a situation. And I was just a dick to her. Fuck why must I always have to behave like this?

The entrance was concealed by some thick foliage, but I was still able to glance at the outside: I could see the limit of the forest, the clearing before the walls and I was even able to spot Wall Rose at some point. I really wish we could both get back together, brat. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for her return. And maybe apologize to her.

But at the very moment I meditated on that, another, most horrible thought dawned on me:

What if she won't come back to me?