Chapter 6

Two titans were coming after you.

Shit. You cursed internally. You had to think fast. You readied yourself for the run of your life (quite literally) but your legs wouldn't budge.

"Oi brat if I were you I would start running. Now." Levi inquired.
"Yeah... and, Levi?" you started a bit wavering.
"What now." he replied annoyed by the fact that you were not moving still.
"Promise you won't leave me." you stated watching him in the eyes.
"(L/n) move for fuck's sake." he retorted averting his eyes to the beasts that were now gaining a considerable amount of terrain.
"Promise!" you shouted.
"Fuck woman what's wrong with you! Fine! I fucking promise!" and in a second you swooped him up your back and darted off.

After 10 minutes Wall Rose was becoming nearer and nearer and you were starting to show some signs of fatigue since carrying 65 more kilos (and your useless gear too) was taking its toll on you, but you were determined to save both your asses. And so you kept pushing while thinking how to get rid of some weight without fucking up too much.

After putting a good distance between you and those monsters (who were about 400 metres from you and were still chasing you) you halted and dropped Levi to the ground with the utmost care the situation permitted.

"What are you doing brat? They're still behind us!" reprimanded Levi.
"I'm trying to clear myself of pointless weight to run faster." you answered while removing your jacket, gear and harnesses.
Levi took the hint and started peeling off his/your cloak, his jacket and harnesses as well until you both remained in your shirt, pants and boots only.
"Much better!" you said enthusiastically "Now on with the race" you added taking a glance to the titans that were now 100 metres from you.

You sprinted carrying Levi on your back, relieved thanks to the fact that now you were much faster than before and thankful that Wall Rose was under 100 metres far from you.
You were so caught up in your self-congratulation that you failed to notice a not-so-small hand almost reaching you and knocking you off. What the FUCK. WHERE DID THIS SHIT COME FROM?

"(F/n) it's an ambush! This is an abnormal!" shouted Levi.
"Okay hold on tighter!" and you started to run increasing your speed. But it was doing not very much since the abnormal was way faster that the other two titans and was at no more than 10 metres from you aka within titan's arm reach.

You could feel Levi weaken his grip on your shoulders, slowly distancing himself from you and at that instant you knew what he was thinking of.
"Levi... don't leave me. D-don't you dare. You... p-promised." you stuttered between shallow sobs. Please stay with me.
"(F/n) you can't do this, we can't do this. I want you to live. Please." said Levi with the sweetest voice you could ever hope to hear coming from him.
"NO!" and mustering all the strength that remained in your body you pushed yourself forward, gripping Levi as tight as possible to prevent him from parting ways with you.

In the meantime a couple of Garrison guards spotted you (well they just saw a 10-metre-class titan running after something small and fast but whatever) and started shouting to their Squad Leader that something was trying to get inside the gates.
Said Squad Leader recognised the uniform (or what was left of it) as one of the military, given the situation the Survey Corps, and ordered to open the gates while sending out two cadets to kill the titan.
"Call immediately Commander Smith and tell him that two of his subordinates survived! Quick!" added turning his attention to another cadet while firing a green flare hoping that some Scout would see it.

As you heard the sound of flesh being slashed and consequently a loud thud, signalling that the titan was dead, you sighed in relief but kept your incredibly fast pace until you were sure you were inside.

As you stepped inside the Karanes District you were greeted with the small crowd of faces painted with disbelief that gathered along the main street to discover what was happening. People were whispering but you couldn't hear a thing, the adrenaline slowly subsiding to exhaustion.

You kept Levi on your back, still afraid to let him go, and went on walking until you halted in front of a huge horse that was somewhat familiar.
After lifting you gaze a little bit you were in fact met by none other than the Commander, towering above you two with an incredulous look plastered on his face. I knew I had already seen this horse! Ha! Well done (F/n)!

Now sure you were safe, you let Levi down a bit too zealously, to which he replied with a "Tch" and a grunt.
Commander Smith dismounted from his horse and stood before you smiling.
After gaining back your balance you barely managed to make a sloppy salute: you were completely worn out.
"Commander Smith, Sir." you muttered trying to look at him.
"At ease, cadet." he waved off "What's your name?" he gently asked, still a bit shocked.
"(F/n) (L/n), Sir." you replied not as gingerly as you wanted to. I feel like I could sleep for a thousand years.

The gallop of a horse and a loud squeal made yourself tear your eyes from the still amazed blue ones of Commander Smith, only to be met by a pair of brown orbs behind strangely big glasses.
"(F/n)! Shorty! I can't believe it! I knew you weren't dead! I knew it!" she shouted, tears glazing her eyes.
"Shut up Shitty Glasses." muttered Levi pinching the bridge of his nose.
"But Levi I'm so happy to see you!" continued the overly-excited scientist "(F/n) you must tell me how you were able to do this!"
"..."
"...(F/n)?"

You sighed, tears pooling in your eyes from both happiness and pain. You looked at your superiors and then up to the sky, taking a moment to appreciate its blue beauty, before lowering your eyelids deeply inhaling the fresh air surrounding you. You opened your eyes softly, smiling at Hanji, Erwin and Levi, who looked petrified at the sight of you crying, and finally you let your strength completely abandon you.

And everything went dark.