Chapter 10 part 2

Back to (F/n)...

You stayed in the woods crying for hours on end, and only when you noticed it was completely dark did you decide to return to the HQ.
Seeing it was already this late you supposed you probably skipped dinner as well, but you weren't hungry anyway. Maybe if I come back this late I won't see him...

You got up and reluctantly headed back to the main building, an occasional sniff or two accompanied your otherwise silent walk. When you finally arrived, you checked the time and found out it was almost 3 A.M. Great, at least no one should be awake. Not even him.

You quickly passed through the dimly lit corridors, hoping to reach your dorm as soon as possible.
Testing your luck, you opted for the shortest way there, which happened to include the corridor where the Corporal's office was. You took the first corridor on your left, two on your right but then you stopped abruptly: you were almost there, in front of The Office, when you spotted a ray of light peeking from the bottom of the door. So he's still awake... call it my usual luck. But I wonder why.

You stood by the door, ear pressed flat against the wooden surface to pick any sound out, although you didn't expect much: the Corporal rarely made a sound when he was working in his office during the day, let alone at this time of the night. Well he never makes a sound, now that you thought about it, except for that annoying click of his tongue: hearing him speak was an event.

Surprisingly, you heard soft whimpers coming from inside. What... is he crying? Nah, that's impossible.
But the whimpers continued. Maybe he's... having a nightmare?
It was odd to think that Humanity's Strongest was having a nightmare and crying because of it, but being the curious person you were, you decided to slowly open the door, hoping that it wouldn't make too much of a ruckus, and entered tiptoeing.

What you saw in front of you left your mouth agape, shock painted all over your face.

There he was, the almighty Corporal Levi, half-slumped into his chair and half-hunched over the desk, his head encircled by his muscular arms and his jet-black hair covering almost all of his pale face.
But what caught your attention the most was the fact that his back was shaking slightly, as if he was silently sobbing, just as you supposed. Why is he crying now?
"After all he's said to me, I bet he deserves it." was what you wanted to think, but in reality you were more concerned for him than you wanted to admit.

Feeling brave, you approached his form, longing for answers.
Seeing his shaking body, you felt a pang of compassion right in your chest, thus you put a hand on his shoulder, gently caressing it and trying to soothe his restless sleep.
After what felt like an eternity, you started hearing soft, almost inaudible mumbles and neared your head to his.

"(F/n)..."
You immediately pulled back with few steps in complete dismay (and possibly terror). What in hell... did he notice I was here?!
"...(F-F/n)..." again. Now Levi was fully weeping. He's... he's dreaming about me!
"I... I'm sorry..." Is he... apologising?

You couldn't let him stay like this. Even after his despicable behaviour you still cared for him.

You lifted his body (which you remembered was waaay lighter than in reality) and carried him to his bedroom.
After putting him delicately on his bed, you removed his boots and covered his body with a warm duvet. It was a rather difficult task since Levi continuously tossed and turned, so much that you almost fell on him. Almost.

When you deemed your job to be done, you tried to stand up and go to your dorm, but an arm ("appeared out of nowhere", you thought) kept you down much to your horror. What the fuck is happening now? Why is he restraining me?
You were paralysed. Completely paralysed. The shock or the powerful grip, you couldn't tell which one was affecting you the most, but it was surely doing a damn good job of holding you down. What am I supposed to do now?

His arms were now wrapped around your waist and weren't giving any sign of budging. Is Levi... hugging me?
You gave up any possible attempt to free yourself and resigned to spend your night with the man that despised you the most (or not?). I should hate being here with him... but he feels so lonely right now... and warm... and comfortable...

~ time skip ~

You woke up feeling rather... trapped? ...What?
Then it clicked: the night before Levi decided to use you as his personal body pillow.
You tried to pry yourself from his grasp in the stealthiest way possible but you were met by a venomous pair of silver orbs. Shit.

"What the fuck are you doing here (L/n)?" he barked. Wait, what in the fuck is he implying? You son of a-
"Oi I'm talking to you!" he said shaking you slightly, still hugging you with unnecessary strength.

You weren't going to accept any of his bullshit right now and sat up, flames coming out of your (e/c) eyes, and slapped him straight in the face. What have I done?!
He was left completely dumbfounded. Now or never. Speak your mind before he kills you.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT NOW? I CAME HERE YESTERDAY TO CHECK ON YOU SINCE YOU WERE CRYING LIKE A BABY AND CALLING MY NAME! I WAS WORRIED YOU IDIOT SO I CARRIED YOU ALL THE WAY HERE AND YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO TRAP ME HERE WITH YOU!" You shouted angrily. Now he was even more shocked, eyes wide like saucers. Great now he'll kill me for slapping him AND for berating him. Well I'll die a glorious death at least: (F/n) (L/n), died handing Corporal Levi's ass to him. R.I.P.

"I... You... What did I say?" he muttered. He's... not mad at me?
He looked like a child lost in the market, but that didn't affect you in the least. Well then, time to keep the sass up.
"Shit like "I am sorry", "forgive me" and all that bullshit. Now if you don't mind, Sir, I'd like to go back to my dorm." and you started getting up. I really like living my life on the edge, don't I?

"Wait (F/n)!... It's true." he said the last part so low that you didn't catch it.
"What? Speak up, yesterday you didn't have any problem with shouting to my face." you growled.
A look of hurt flashed in his eyes, something you were able to pinpoint.
"I said it's true. I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you... I just wanted to protect you..." Well that was unexpected.
"Why did you say all of that stuff?" you inquired.
"I wanted you to give up on your position because I didn't want you to risk your life saving someone else... I thought that having a squad would push you to throw your life away... I'm sorry." He was... worried?
"So you were worried. Well you have an awful way of showing it. But... I think I forgive you, since you didn't have bad intentions and besides... I know how shitty you are at expressing your feelings Corporal." you smirked.
"Oi I'm still your superior! And... thank you." and then he smiled. He smiled.

After a good five minutes of staying in his arms you decided to speak up again, hoping that your suppositions were right.

"I'm still waiting you know?" you said chuckling.
"For what?" he was genuinely confused.
"For your shitty confession Corporal!"
"What..." he furrowed his thin brows.
"I can't hear it!" you said smiling.
"I... Iloveyou." he uttered indistinctly turning away embarrassed.
"I still can't hear it!" you half-shouted in his face.
"I said... I love you." and BLUSHED.
"Ahwww Levi... I love you too!"
"You better brat."

Tap

"Did you... did you just flicked my forehead, Levi?"
"Mmh-hm" he muttered.
"Why?!" you protested.

"You deserved it, brat."