4• C|-|aNg3

🎮

🎮

I bury my face into my knees on the rooftop of the school

I bury my face into my knees on the rooftop of the school. Thoughts race through my mind at a pace I didn't think they could ever manage. A month ago, I carried on as I always have - infinitely.

I was infinitely alone, infinitely awake, infinitely existing with no purpose.

And then my eyes landed on them.

The day I saw them I'd been morose. I was like that every year. All of the students filling the silence that's haunted me for three long months, was a cacophony. A cacophony that never failed to remind me that although I was happy I was no longer entirely alone, I was still separate from everything. I was still alone....it was just no longer quiet.

At lunch, I'd perched in my usual tree, on my usual limb, as I always did. Everything was endlessly unchanged, always the same. Except for one thing: them.

It was Nathan's loud laugh that drew my attention to them. It was so purely happy that I just had to see the person who caused that sound. I've heard all sorts of laughter from all sorts of people, but never had I heard one so genuine. Not like that. That was the laugh of someone free and content.

I was entranced the moment I set eyes on the seven boys. They were so different from the rest - more muscular and masculine, more stylish and well mannered. All were beautiful in a way none of the other boys here have ever been. It was bizarre and mesmerizing.

After that, I couldn't stay away.

I only ever watched from afar, for some reason too scared to get close. I was certain at that point in time that they couldn't see me. Something warned me that something was different about them from the start. It's what kept us apart for so long.

I was okay with that. They would just be my newest obsession. But then something even odder happened.

They could see me, touch me. I got my first wave from Luke, my first touch from Kota, my first tease from Gabriel. I don't think they truly understand how important those small actions mean to me.