//11\\

"how are we doing, chosen?" asked dr. harbour. chosen let out a terrible cough. "uh, pretty good. when do you think i'll be able to go home?" chosen asked. dr. harbour gave chosen's mother an odd look. she shook her head.

"well, we need to run a few more tests. then you should be good to go," he said. chosen nodded with a wide smile. dr. harbour didn't have the heart to tell chosen that he probably wouldn't come out of the hospital alive.

"did you hear that mom?" he asked happily. dr. harbour felt tears pool on his tired eyes. chosen had to be his favorite patient. so enthusiastic and caring. he was always making the younger kids laugh. dr. harbour didn't understand how chosen didn't know he was dying. it always confused him.

he also didn't understand how a god that great could give such a sweet kid such a terrible fate. "it's not god's fault. don't blame him," his wife, winona, had told him. he supposed she was right and agreed.

"chosen, do you mind if i introduce you to someone?" dr. harbour asked. chosen nodded. "let's meet 'em," he said with a smile. dr. harbour smiled falsely at him and walked over to the door.

a girl around chosen's age followed dr. harbour back in the room. chosen's mother stepped out with dr. harbour. "i know you. don't you go to my school?" chosen asked. y/n nodded. "yeah," she replied. "so why did dr. harbour bring you in?" chosen asked. y/n smiled and turned around. she picked something up and turned back around.

a small dog rested in her arms. chosen had no idea what breed it was. "he's yours. his name is frank. i'm moving in with my aunt and i can't keep him. i've known dr. harbour for a long time and he's told me all about you," she said handing him the dog.

chosen smiled widely. a cough approached him and he carried out the action, grabbing his cramping sides as tears streamed down his face. when he had caught his breath, the dog licked his tear stained cheeks. "thanks, y/n," he said. she smiled in return. "just because i'm crazy doesn't mean i can't be nice," she said.

chosen shrugged. "i don't think you're crazy," he said. y/n smiled. "thanks chosen," she replied. "could you keep it down over there? i'm trying to sleep," a voice called on the opposite side of the curtain.

y/n opened it. a small boy laid in a bed. he had tubes and wires connected to him. "i know you. you're the drug addict," y/n said. jack rolled his eyes. "so what? you're the insane bitch," he replied bitterly. "could you fuck off now? i'm trying to sleep," he said rolling over in the bed. y/n shrugged and sat back on chosen's bed.

"how do you know dr. harbour?" chosen asked. "he treats me now. i used to have a terrible doctor and dr. harbour got him fired. the other doctor made me crazy. i used to be normal. not anymore," she said.

"we need all doctors to come to the burn unit immediately," a lady said over a loudspeaker. chosen's mother came back in a few seconds later. "i should probably go. i'll come back tomorrow?" y/n asked. "please. it's not like a have anyone else to talk to," he said with a smile. y/n smiled back and began her long trek home.

she felt nice inside. she hadn't felt nice in a long time. maybe she wasn't as crazy as everyone let on.