//13\\

"that's not possible," chosen said from his bed. the small dog laid in his lap. "it is," y/n said from in front of him. "prove it," he said crossing his arms with a smile.

y/n smiled and held her hand out. she grabbed her middle finger and pulled it back so the top of her finger rested on the back of her hand.

"make it stop," he said covering his eyes. y/n let out a laugh and let go of her finger. "told you so," she said. someone cleared their throat from the doorway. y/n turned to see who it was.

a boy with curly brown hair stood in the doorway. he was wearing a wrinkled t shirt and jeans. "wyatt?" chosen asked, smiling widely. wyatt returned the smiled and walked into the room. "wait, like wyatt oleff?" the boy on the other side of the curtain asked.

he slung it open. "i know you," he said as wyatt sat on the opposite side of y/n. "um. cool?" wyatt said. "you're jack grazer, right?" wyatt asked. jack nodded and stood up, then sitting down in a chair by chosen's bed.

"how are you doing chosen?" wyatt asked. "pretty good. almost able to go home," he said. wyatt smiled. "good," he said. frank waddled over to wyatt and licked his arm. "cute dog. where'd you get him?" wyatt asked.

"y/n gave him to me," chosen said. wyatt looked at the girl behind him.

wyatt knew about y/n. he'd heard how crazy she was. she didn't look crazy in that moment. she was... quite beautiful, to say the least. she had all the characteristics of a truly beautiful being. her beauty, however, was hidden behind a mask of insanity. maybe not insanity. but surely sadness and pain.

there was a quiet knock on the door. a girl with short red hair stood in the doorway. "i know you, don't i?" y/n asked. the girl nodded. "we go to the same school. we have social studies together," she said.

"oh, right," y/n said absently petting frank. "um. my name's sophia. this is noah," she said. a little boy, no older than 4 or 5 stepped out from behind her. he had brown floppy hair and a cute smile. "hi," y/n said with a small wave. noah waved back shyly, going back to hiding behind sophia.

"uh, we found you in that alley and we came to check on you," sophia said quietly. jack nodded. "yeah. thanks," he said sarcastically. "i basically saved your life," she said in total disbelief. "yeah, I was trying to end it," he said rolling his eyes.

sophia sighed and sat down in the chair opposite of jack. "so. how do you all know each other?" she asked.

"chosen and i have the same doctor, jack is just here, and i'm guessing that wyatt and chosen know each other somehow," y/n said tapping her fingertips on her knees.

sophia nodded. she felt something special about all of these people.

like she'd known them for years. she had no intention of letting them slip away that easily.