//23\\

when they met at berto's the next day, they didn't say anything.

they sat silently, occasionally casting glances at each other. neither of the boys said anything about the night before. y/n had walked with them until they got to berto's and the boys left.

she'd insisted she was fine on her own.

"so," jeremy said, trying to break the silence. everyone looked at the sad boy. "yes?" finn asked, quite rudely. "i don't know. i was just trying to break the silence," he mumbled. jaeden cast a slow glance at everyone at the table.

they had days like this. when everyone felt bad.

on these days, they would sit in silence until the sadness was done being mulled over. then the next day it was fine.

but when it became the next day, y/n staying at berto's again, the same thing happened. everyone stayed silent until y/n spoke.

"i need to get out of here," she said. she kept her eyes on the coffee cup in front of her, her fingers circling the handle. "why?" jack asked. "i want to start over. i want to go somewhere where no one knows me. no one knows how fucked i am. i need to leave."

the group thought over her words. "then i'm coming with you," wyatt said. y/n snapped her view up to be met with his deep brown eyes. she'd never seen eyes like his. they were sad, just like hers. just like the eyes of everyone at the table.

she nodded. "me too," finn said. "yeah. i'm going too," jack added.

"can i come?" jaeden asked timidly. y/n smiled a bit before nodding her head. "does anyone else want to leave this place?" wyatt asked. "is there room for two more?" sophia asked.

"i think we can find some room," jack said. he'd finally began to forgive the girl for saving his life. "jeremy?" wyatt asked. jeremy didn't know how to answer. he wanted to go with his friends. he wanted to get away. but what about his dad? what about his brother? what was he supposed to do?

"i don't know," he replied after a minute. "you don't have to come, jeremy," y/n said. he nodded slowly. "i know," he replied. "i'll have to think about it," he said.

the rest nodded. "meet back here tomorrow with everything we need?" sophia asked. the seven of them agreed and left the cafe. "everyone be careful," finn called as they parted ways.