//28\\

jaeden had spent the past few days with finn. he was glad he finally had someone to talk to that didn't act like he was a burden.

the pair gathered up the bare necessities to take, keeping them in one backpack. finn didn't have any money, but jaeden knew where his dad's wallet was. when jaeden's parents returned home that night, paying no attention to the two boys in the house, he dug around his dad's drawer for his wallet.

he found it successfully and took out 20 dollars. he did the same with his mother's wallet. they would think that they spent all it last night in their hungover state the next morning. jaeden tucked the two 20's into the small pocket in the backpack.

about a week prior, finn had officially moved in with jaeden. it was easy avoiding jaeden's parents because they didn't exactly care. the two boys had become best friends in the time they'd known each other, getting along easily.

jaeden was glad they were leaving. his parents wouldn't even realize he was gone. it hurt a little, but finn understood and tried to console him.

finn couldn't really care less about going or staying. he enjoyed being around this group of fucked up kids so when y/n proposed the idea, he agreed. he hoped that jeremy would show up. he liked that kid the most, aside from jaeden.

he was polite and seemed like he still hadn't lost his last bit of sanity like the rest had. he seemed timid and shy, much like how all of these basket cases started out. maybe that's why they all liked jeremy. he was a reminder of what they once were.

instead of waiting until morning, they left at night. the two skated to berto's.

y/n sat in their normal booth her head resting on the table and her eyes shut peacefully. the two boys sat across from her, careful not to wake her. jaeden rested his head on the wall and finn rested his head on jaeden. the small shop stayed warm compared to the icy december air.

a warm feeling rested inside of jaeden. finally content.