//14\\

wyatt let out a laugh as chosen finished the story of his eighth birthday. something about a clown accidentally lighting a paper flower on fire and children screaming as the clown flailed around, trying to put it out and ended up lighting the 'happy birthday' banner on fire.

y/n wiped some of the hair out of her face as she took in a small breath. noah ran over to her. he handed her a small card covered in doodles. flowers, clouds, the sun. there was a giant pink heart in the middle.

on it read "to y/n. from noah" in sloppy crayon letters. y/n smiled and looked to sophia.

'he likes you,' she mouthed. y/n beamed at the shy little boy in front of her. he was blushing deeply. "this is very sweet of you, noah," she said. "read the inside of it," he whispered.

y/n flipped the card open. more hearts, a sun drawn in the corner. in the center was a real dandelion. "he picked that as we came in," sophia said.

'roses are red, violets are blue, you're pretty' was written in purple crayon. y/n laughed quietly. "did you come up with this?" she asked. "mommy helped," he said pointing at sophia. he ran back to her and buried his face in her lap.

someone fell into the room. a boy with shaggy brown hair. he pushed himself up a little and took a look around the room before apologizing.

another boy helped him up. wyatt recognized the boys as finn and jaeden. "what's up?" jack asked. "i don't know. i like to walk around the hospital sometimes," jaeden said.

"well, come sit down and introduce yourselves," chosen said pointing to the chairs that y/n and wyatt had abandoned earlier.

chosen looked around the room as the two boys talked.

he felt content,

and happy,

and then tired.

then something felt wrong. very wrong.

he felt cold before he felt his eyes shut.

then he didn't feel.