//22\\

the yelling echoed through y/n's head. she covered her ears, not being able to help it. when she saw his fist flying towards her face was when she really panicked.

she slammed a vase into his head, earning a scream from her aunt. y/n was scared. she didn't know what she'd done wrong. she was protecting herself.

she backed down the hallway and out the front door. she ran. she didn't know where she was going. she wanted nothing more than to fall down in the middle of the road and die.

when she did drop to her knees, she didn't get back up. she curled into a ball on the ground, crying. the voices wouldn't stop.

the screaming echoed in her ears. she covered them, trying to make them go away. she felt a headache coming. the ground spun underneath her.

she didn't know how long she'd been lying there when she felt someone tap her shoulder. she saw the familiar faces of jaeden and finn.

they helped her up, asking her what happened. she vaguely explained that she'd been scared and had run away. that was all she said. they didn't ask her to tell them more; however, they clearly knew she was lying.

she'd never been good at lying.

she'd never really been good at much.

but she didn't mind. she was worried about what would happen the next day when she went back to her aunt's, though.