7. if it's the last thing that i do

Imagine Dragons - Bleeding Out

The Soft Moon - Black

It wasn't really a surprised to Louis that Karen didn't believe him for one bit, she didn't let it show on her face though which Louis was kind of relieved for, in some fucked up way. She'd just sat there with a blank stare and nodding along with whatever Louis told her, probably too high to even understand what had left his mouth. Or perhaps she just didn't care in bit about it and simply thought Louis was batshit crazy.

He couldn't really blame her. He thought he was absolutely out of his mind too.

" Werewolves " she had just said, dumbfounded look painted on her face, scoffed quietly at Louis' absurd statement.

Maybe she'd thought that Louis hadn't heard her but he did.

Loud and clear.

It wasn't that he was delusional and actually thought she would've believed him, but it would most definitely have been nice to finally have someone on his side just for once in his lifetime without them doubting him, or questioning his sanity.

He had a therapist to do that and he didn't need another person on the sideline doing the same exact thing.

It was a nice thought at least.

However, it was absolutely useless. No one was that stupid and stuck in a imaginary mindset of fantasy that they would have understood even a snippet of what Louis was talking about, convince them what he'd seen truly existed and was well alive, still roaming around in the forest of Wiltshire and ready to find its next victim to devour remorseless.

Karen hadn't straight up told him he was crazy but she didn't have much to say either, just kept quiet and lit up another blunt, carelessly, not even caring about Louis' thoughts racing around his head. It was a bittersweet feeling but then again, why would she? They didn't know each other.

They'd quickly dropped the subject of the beast, Karen wasn't gonna believe him whether he tried to further explain why and how. Just kept on smoking and forget it ever happened.

Exactly like everything else Louis does in his fucked up conditions he calls life

Get up, brush the dust off, forget it and get over it.

It wasn't the healthiest way of thinking and living but it had gotten him this far in life and this was just the way things had to be.

Whether he could deal with it or not.

With a deep sigh he rolled over to his side to tiredly stare at the alarm clock there kept on beeping noisily with such a despair, the annoying screeching there kept on coming from it repeatedly made the pounding headache worsen as each second there goes by. Louis regretted everything in his life there led up to this exact moment.

He felt faint and tired, his body aching as if he had laid in a uncomfortable position the whole night and his left leg was prickling since it was still asleep. He wish he was still asleep, oblivious to the rest of the world and what there was going on out in reality, unconscious and lost in his own void of a dreamworld.

It felt like he was coming down with a fever.

"For fuck sake" he groaned loudly and slammed his hand down on the alarm clock to make it stop ringing, most likely breaking it in the process but hell, he didn't care one bit about that alarm clock and its state.

The birds was singing outside, fluttering around without a care in the world. Louis could faintly see the sun rising behind the trees of the forest, giving away a warm and golden glow in its awakening like the bastard that it was.