13. who's in the shadow

Ruelle - Game Of Survival

"Very well, I trust you"

That can't possibly be true.

Louis sat quietly on the sofa and stared gobsmacked at Harry's broad back as he couldn't quite believe the words there's left the alphas mouth only seconds ago, no way it could've been that easy convincing him letting Louis go and there's no way in hell Harry trust him enough that Louis' won't go to the authorities with everything there's happened. This must've been one big misunderstanding or Harry is literally taking the piss outta this for his own sick of enjoyment. After who knows how many days they've had Louis locked inside of a room with no contact from the world outside of those four walls - beside Tabitha, the small beta and Harry himself - they weren't just gonna let Louis walk out like nothing, waving at his departure like a soldier going off to war.

No fucking way.

Harry had yet to leave the house, he just stood there with his back to Louis and the beta pair like he was waiting for a reaction from either of them in any shape or form, broad shoulders tense as he stood straight and proud, towering over every single one of them. He looked uncomfortably out of place in the small and warm home.

Almost like an elephant in a china shop.

The tension filled silence grew thicker and thicker with each second going by, none of them knew how to break it and start talking 'bout what really mattered. Lord knows Louis' head was filled to the absolut brim with unanswered questions. Why, why, why?

Why was Harry all of suddenly trusting him with this, why was he willingly letting him go all of suddenly like hadn't fought tooth and nails for Louis not to escape and locked him up inside a room for days, and why did the man had a change of heart out of nowhere? Nothing made sense to the omega anymore.

This place made bloody no sense!

Tabitha's brown eyes was flickering back and forth between Louis and Harry as if she's waiting for one of them to start speaking any time soon, her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water, almost as if she wanted to say something herself meanwhile John stood there, frozen like a statue and held onto his mate for dear life like he was afraid to let her out of his reach and absolutely no help at all.

You could faintly hear the clock ominously ticking away in the background and it almost felt like a time bomb ready to explode at any given second.

Tick, tick, tick.

Louis was left speechless.

"I-I... I'm sorry, what?" Louis said, no whispered, although it felt like he was yelling it out loud in the quiet living room. Harry turned his head so Louis only could see his side profile, the long and bright, pink scar - there always shocked Louis whenever he saw it like it was the first time all over again - stood out like a sore thumb on the other man's face and pulling the skin tight around it, the blue eyed lad couldn't help himself but obviously stare at it and letting his eyes run along with it, taking in every detail of the scar like it had changed from the last time he'd seen it.

"You heard what I said" Harry simply answered and ignored Louis obvious gaze on his face.

For the first time since Louis was escorted into the home he pushed himself up from the comfortable velvet, mustard yellow sofa onto his weak and unsteady legs, the blanket sliding off of his shoulders and onto the floor as it pooled around his naked feet, he had to hold onto the armrest as he wavered slightly on his legs from the rush of lightness he got in his head from the sudden movement. And that certainly made the alpha turn fully around again to face Louis, their eyes meet and the facial expression on Harry's face almost felt mockining as his arm was crossed across his chest which made the shirt inappropriately tighten around his arms and chest, lifted one eyebrow at Louis like he wanted him to go on but one thing was sure, he weren't gonna be intimidated by this monster with a fucking god complex.