Held Captive

Chapter 7

Waking up, I felt my head begin to pound, reminding me of Sam knocking me out. I remembered fighting Dean, winning the fight and then it all going blank after Sam hit me with the end of his gun. I then began to look around and saw ropes wrapped around my wrists, tying me to a chair. It was the same for my legs before I then looked up and saw Sam and Dean looking straight at me.

"Ropes, clever. So what happens now?, hold me prisoner in my own house?" I asked with a grin upon my face.

"What are you?" Dean asked.

"Interesting question. What am I?, where did I even come from?, am I human? I bet all these questions have ran through both of your minds since I showed you some of my abilities," I said.

"Stop with the games and just tell us!" Sam snapped.

"Why should I?, I was the one who saved Dean's life. Shouldn't you guys owe me?" I questioned.

"Why did you save me?" Dean asked.

"Because despite what you may think I'm not a monster. I do have these abilities to do stuff but I would never hurt anyone, okay? All I wanted to do was help people, that's all I've ever wanted to do," I explained.

"Then why didn't you tell us that you were a supernatural creature?" Sam asked.

"Because it had nothing to do with you. What I do is my business and I couldn't risk anyone finding out about me in case they tried to use me and my abilities for their own personal gain," I explained.

"Is someone after you then?" Dean asked.

"Many people would come after me if they found out who I was, I am never safe and that's why I had to keep my identity a secret," I answered.

"You know you lied before," Dean said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Dean then turned around a grabbed something from behind before turning back to me and showing me what it was. It was a photo of Melinda and I. We were sitting on the sofa together and smiling. I remembered that photo being taken because it was the last time I saw her.

"Last of your name huh? Then who is this?" Dean asked.

"Look everything I said was true. My family was murdered by demons and I was the last of my name but then a few decades after my family died, I had my five year old daughter, Melinda. I never lied Dean, I just didn't mention Melinda for her safety. I couldn't risk anyone trying to get a hold of my daughter so I didn't say anything about her. Can you understand that?" I asked.

"I guess but what are you?" Dean asked.

"I'm a Phoenix and not the bird type or the demon type. I'm a different kind of Phoenix, the one where we do good and protect people and are mostly human," I answered.

"Mostly human?" Sam questioned.

"Well I'm immortal but there are still things I need for my body to make sure it stays in good condition. I still need to eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly but aside from that, I'm just another immortal creature with powers," I explained.

"And what exactly are those powers of yours?" Sam asked.

"They're mostly to do with fire but you'll have to wait and see if you want me to actually use them," I said.

"So, what happens now?" Sam asked.

"Well for one, you can get that blood off my carpet over there which I'm guessing is mine from when Sam hit me on the head," I said as I felt the blood from head begin to roll down my forehead.

"Yeah sorry about that. I'll get you something for your head," Sam said as he got ready to go and find me something for my head.

"No need," I said, making he stop moving and put his attention back on me.

All of a sudden, I closed my eyes before reopening them, showing off my fiery red eyes and allowing my forehead to heal. Once I had healed my body, I used my fire power to burn the ropes on my arms and legs before standing up and making my eyes go back to normal.

"Whoa," Dean said.

"Little tip, ropes don't work on me," I said.

"Duly noted," Dean said.

"So, what happens now?" I asked.

"Well we kind of owe you one so what do you say about becoming our partner?, working with us and hunting demons?" Sam asked.

"You want me to help you guys?" I asked.

"We can help each other," Sam said.

"Okay but on one condition," I said.

"And what's that?" Dean asked.

"Never break into my house again," I said.

"I think we can do that," Sam said.

"Good, then you've got yourself a deal," I said.

"Now, do you want to bring your daughter back?" Dean asked.

"Will she be safe with both of you knowing what we both are?" I asked.

"You and your daughter will be safe from any threats, I promise you that," Dean said as he looked me in the eyes deeply.

"Thank you," I said.

Just as I got my phone out and got ready to call Vanessa, I stopped and paused before saying...

"Wait, what happened to Mahoney?" I asked.

"He was killed by Fred," Dean answered.

"Fred killed Mahoney?" I questioned.

"Yeah with his juice," Sam said.

"Cool," I said.

I then began to dial Vanessa's number before holding it against my ear and waiting for an answer. However, after some time of waiting, Vanessa finally answered.

"Elizabeth?" Vanessa asked.

"Yeah it's me," I answered.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Vanessa asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Listen, The Winchesters and I have came to a deal, they will keep my secret and protect us and in exchange we will work as partners on cases. Well actually, I kind of want to be partners anyway as it will get the job done easier but still. Anyway, I would like you to bring Melinda home. It's time I see my daughter again," I said.

"Okay, we'll leave now," Vanessa said.

"Thank you and Vanessa, I owe you big time; for everything," I said.

"Don't worry about it, what are friends for, right?" Vanessa asked.

"Right," I said smiling.

"I'll see you soon," Vanessa said.

"See you, bye," I said.

"Bye," Vanessa said.

I then hung up and put my phone in my pocket before smiling at Dean and Sam and realizing that today was the day I was going to see my daughter...