Reunited

Chapter 8

After hours of waiting for my daughter to come home, I waited by the window. As I stood there eagerly, I felt a presence come up behind me before I turned and saw it was Dean.

"Hey," I said before turning back to the window.

"Hey, are you okay?" Dean asked.

"I'm fine, just waiting for my daughter to come home," I answered.

"How long has it been since you last saw her?" Dean asked.

"A few weeks, nearly a month," I said.

"Why have you been gone for so long?" Dean asked.

"Cases. There was always a case to deal with and I felt like I needed to protect her by keeping my distance. You have no idea what it's like, to have someone that you literally are responsible for, to have someone that is in danger because of you. It's my fault Dean. I don't regret having her but at the same time I can't help but think that I could have given her a better life," I explained.

"You couldn't have done any better Elizabeth. You're her mother and I may not know you all that well but the way you protected me and how you got her out of her before we arrived shows how much you fight for the people around you. You gave her an amazing life Elizabeth, believe that," Dean explained.

"Thank you Dean," I said.

"No problem," Dean said.

"So, what about you then? What kind of life do you want?" I asked.

"Well I don't have a problem with the one that I'm living but I guess I would like to find someone that I can be myself around. Someone that can understand why something bad would happen and not be afraid. I want someone that I can be completely myself around and then after we fall in love we can get married and have kids and live a great life. I want a big family," Dean explained.

"Then do it. Find this person and do it," I said.

"If I could find them, I would but right now I'm still waiting," Dean said.

"You'll find them," I said.

"I hope you find someone too as I'm guessing that Melinda's dad isn't around," Dean said.

"Thank you and no he isn't around," I said.

"Where is he?" Dean asked.

"Dead. A demon killed him when Melinda was only a few months old," I said.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Dean apologized.

"Don't apologize, you didn't do it. I got my revenge a long time ago but it still hurts me. We never married, we never even got engaged but it still felt real. We had a real relationship and everyday I miss him but I know that no matter what, I must be strong for Melinda. I owe her that much," I said.

"So that's why you're so protective over her. You've lost everybody you've ever cared about and you're afraid to lose anyone else. Well that's kind of true but the main reason is that I know that there are certain demons that will search till the end of the world to find us," I said.

Just then, I heard someone call me from behind. I then immediately turned and saw Sam standing there before saying...

"It took a while but I finally got the blood out," Sam said.

"Thank you Sam," I said.

All of a sudden, I heard a noise that sounded a lot like car parking outside. I immediately dashed to the window and saw Vanessa arriving with Melinda.

"She's here," I said before rushing to the door and stepping outside into the light.

After getting outside, I began to stand there for a moment, watching the car stop before one of the car doors opened from the back of the car and out popped Melinda. Seeing her, I immediately dashed forward as she did the same before I felt her rush into my arms. Once she did this, I felt her warmth and the sweet smell of her beautiful hair. I couldn't have been more happy in that moment and so I began to cry with joy. My daughter was home and in that moment, nothing mattered more to me. After moments of her being in my arms, I then released myself from her and began to look her in the eyes, smiling and seeing how much she had changed.

"Look how big you've got," I said with tears in my eyes.

"Are you sad mummy?" Melinda asked.

"No baby. I'm just happy," I said before hugging her again.

This embrace went on for another long time before we let go and I said...

"Melinda, there's two people I want you to meet. They're mummy's partners at work," I said.

"Okay mummy," Melinda said.

We then got up and turned around to Sam and Dean, who were standing in the doorway, before I said...

"Melinda this is Sam and Dean Winchester and boys, this is my daughter, Melinda," I said, introducing them to each other.

"It's lovely to meet you Melinda," Dean said.

"Yeah it is," Sam said.

"It's nice to meet you too," Melinda said.

"Melinda, why don't you go and play while I help unpack the car?" I wondered.

"Okay," Melinda said.

Melinda then rushed over to Sam and Dean before saying...

"Do you both want to have a tea party?" Melinda asked.

"Of course we would," Dean said before walking in with Melinda and Sam inside the house.

After they left, I turned around and saw Vanessa walking up towards me before we quickly hugged and I said...

"Glad you're okay," I said as we hugged.

"You too. I missed you," Vanessa said as we released ourselves from one another.

"Me too. Do you want help with the bags?" I asked.

"Sure," Vanessa answered.

We then headed over to the car and began unpacking the car before heading back inside, so happy that we were all back together...