Benny

Chapter 13

After reaching Millcreek, Dean and I immediately found a garbage car parked in the field before Dean said...

"Benny," Dean said before we walked on.

Once we walked on a bit, we saw a man washing his hands in a bucket full of water before I said...

"Benny?" I asked.

The man then turned and I instantly saw Benny. His face light up as he saw me standing there with Dean before he said...

"Elizabeth?" Benny questioned.

"Yeah it's me Ben," I said.

"Come here," Benny said as we walked towards each other.

Just then we embraced; tight as ever. I missed Benny so much that I had thought about this moment for decades. I thought of the moment I would first see him, the moment where we embraced, the moment where I saw his smile, everything. Benny was my best friend and I had needed him so much that this moment barely felt real. After a long time of embracing, Benny and I let go of one of another and began to look at each other before saying...

"You haven't changed one bit," Benny said.

"Neither have you," I said.

"How's your life?" Benny asked.

"Great, I have a daughter now," I answered.

"A daughter?, oh Lizzie that's great," Benny said.

"Her name is Melinda," I said.

"You remembered?" Benny questioned.

"Of course I did. When you first told me that you had a younger sister and that I reminded you of her, I had to call my first child after her. I still remember you calling me Melinda for a few months after we first met. I wanted you to still be present in my life and somehow it made me feel you were still there," I explained.

"I missed you so much Lizzie," Benny said.

"I missed you too Benny," I said.

We then smiled at each other, which lasted a long time before Benny looked past me and straight at Dean before saying...

"It's not me Dean," Benny said.

"Which me are we talking about?, Benny or Roy?" Dean asked.

"I'm just trying to blend in," Benny said.

"Blend in?, who'd you plan?" Dean asked.

"Victim number two. If you're concerned about the missed calls, it's because I didn't want you to get involved. Now, lets talk," Benny said.

"I'm all ears," Dean said.

"Rogue vamp. Came into the café a couple of nights ago youngster, goes by the name Desmond. He remembers me from the good old days," Benny said.

"The good old days?" Dean questioned.

"I know it's hard to believe but I haven't always been this cute and cuddly. He's chasing a memory, Dean, that's all. He's crewing up a new nest and he's hoping I can give him some cred, I told him no," Benny explained.

"Alright. So far so good, now lets get to the part about the blood," Dean said.

"He didn't want to take no for an answer so he's trying to mouse me out, leaving dead bodies in my wake till I sign up. Two bodies in two days, no amateur is going to kick me out my hometown, not this time," Benny explained.

"Hometown?, you grew up here?" Dean questioned.

"Born and raised. With Andrea gone, you hunting again and me not knowing where Lizzie was, it seemed like the right time for homecoming. You three being the only ones to keep all my ducks in a row. Went back to my old job at the café, I even found someone to hold myself accountable to. This kind of someone is family," Benny explained.

"Elizabeth," Dean said.

"My great granddaughter," Benny said.

"Really?, does she know?" Dean asked.

"No, as far as she's concerned I'm a drifter and I'd like to keep it that way. It's been tough, walking the line here, all those years in Purgatory and not having to live with the hunger but Elizabeth, she keeps me honest. I finally think I've got a handle on this thing," Benny explained.

"Handle of things?, Benny you have two stiffs on your hands and two hunters on your ass," Dean said.

"What like your brother?" Benny asked.

"Yes and he is not someone to mess with," Dean said.

"I don't have time to worry about them. I didn't think Desmond would go this far but I was wrong and now I've got to do what I should have done two days ago, which is put him back where he belongs," Benny said.

"You know there's only one way to do that, right?, and that is for you to sit on the side line while I convince Sam and Martin to go after Desmond. They see you out there, you know they're going to slice first and ask questions later and you know that," Dean said.

"You really think they'll go for this?" Benny asked.

"Dean will make it happen," I answered.

"I guess that's it then," Benny said.

"I'll stay here with Benny," I said.

"Are you sure?" Dean asked me.

"Yeah besides, Martin hates me and I think I should really catch up with Benny while we wait for you to come back," I said.

"Okay," Dean said.

I then watched as Dean walked off and left us while Benny and I sat down together on the floor, catching up while waiting for Dean to return...