Enjoying A Day At Home

Chapter 9

Heading inside the house, I began to hear people talking and I then headed into the living room and saw Sam and Dean playing tea parties with Melinda.

"And sip," Melinda told the boys as she sipped from her teacup.

The boys did the same and Vanessa and I both stood there smiling, enjoying the fact that the boys were really good with Melinda. After moments of them playing, Dean finally looked up at me and smiled before I smiled back and then walked off with Vanessa, packing away the stuff that was packed earlier.

Once we had finished packing, Sam and Vanessa began to chat in the living room, Melinda was playing with her toys in her room and I was in the kitchen making dinner before Dean walked in and sat down at the kitchen side.

"Hey," Dean said.

"Hey, you want a drink?" I asked.

"Sure" Dean answered.

I then turned around and got a beer out before sliding it to him.

"Thanks but how did you know that I like beer?" Dean asked.

"Call it a feeling," I answered.

"Well then okay," Dean said before taking a sip of beer.

"So anyway, I was wondering whether you and Sam would want to stay here the night as it would be a lot easier for our next case?" I asked.

"You sure you have enough room?" Dean asked.

"I have three spare bedrooms besides mine and Melinda's. One is being occupied for Vanessa but the other two and perfectly good for you and Sam to stay in. So, what do you say?, do you guys want to stay or not?" I asked.

"I would love to," Dean said.

"Good," I said before continuing to make dinner.

"What are you making?" Dean asked.

"Lasagne. It that okay?" I asked.

"Are you kidding?, that sounds great. I can't tell you how many times I wish I could have a home cooked meal instead of takeout all the time," Dean said.

"Well when you have a kid, you can't afford to have takeouts all the time. You have to learn to cook so they can eat healthily," I said.

"Are you a good cook?" Dean asked.

"I guess you'll just going to have to see," I said before going back to cooking.

After some hours had gone by, everything was ready and everyone was sat at the table, eating away.

"So, what do you think?" I asked.

"It's delicious mummy," Melinda said.

"Thank you sweetie," I said.

"It really is amazing Elizabeth," Sam said.

"Yeah like, is there any more?" Dean asked as he finished his plate.

"Yes, of course," I said before dishing Dean out another slice.

"Thanks," Dean said before he began wolfing down his slice of lasagne.

"Glad to see that you're enjoying it Dean," I said.

"Dean loves his food," Sam said.

"I can tell," I said.

We then continued to eat and finish our dinner while enjoying the company of a full up table.

Once dinner was done, Vanessa left the house and headed home for the night so she could have some time to herself, Sam and Dean were in the living room chilling and I was tucking Melinda into bed after finishing a story...

"And the princess and prince lived happily ever after. The end," I said, closing the book.

"That was a great story," Melinda said.

"Yeah it was, but now it is time for you to go to sleep. You have school tomorrow and I have to leave early tomorrow," I said.

"Okay mummy," Melinda said as I tucked her in.

"Goodnight Melinda," I said.

"Goodnight mummy," Melinda said.

I then gave her a hug and a kiss before turning the light off and closing the door. After doing this, I said goodnight to the boys before heading into my room, climbing into bed and falling straight to sleep...