Chapter 29

"Now say Ahhh."

"Ahhh!" Ayame opened her mouth, the doctor inspecting the inside of her mouth.

"Alright, Jiraiya." He turned to the anxious man who stood beside Crystal.

"There's nothing wrong with her." He shrugged, the two sharing an uneasy glance.

"So why did she pass out?" Crystal questioned.

"I can't really give a definite answer. She may have been exposed to too many things she couldn't handle. Ayame" He turned to her. "Did you see anything when you were passed out?"

"N-no sir." She lied, the doctor returning to Jiraiya.

"All I can advise is to keep a close eye on her and make sure she's alright."

"Alright, thank you." Crystal nodded, escorting Ayame outside.

Akiko met her with a hug, Ayame squirming slightly.

"She's alright." Crystal assured, Ayame looking up.

"That's relieving." Asuma smiled. "She's a needed shinobi and friend."

"Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if Ayame left. Not that I'm a fan of her long-term missions, but..." Kurenai trailed off, Ayame hugging her as well.

"Thank you for you all's concern but I won't be leaving any time soon." She promised. Ayame turned to look at Guy, smiling at the sight. They all walked Ayame home, laughing and talking amongst each other until she had made it home and she laid down to rest.

Kakashi sat infront of Ayame, balancing the chakra spinner on his fingertip.

"This isn't the purpose of the excercise Kakashi." She reminded him as he set the spinner down, raising an eyebrow.

"Then what is?"

"This is the last time I'm explaining it so listen." She picked the spinner up, expertly spinning it between her thumb and index. Her sharingan locked onto it and followed it's movements for a moment before her fingers successfully grabbed ahold of one of the three pieces and stopped the chakra.

"Seems pretty simple to me." He hummed as Ayame handed him the spinner, digging into the chicken wings on the table of the restaurant.

She looked up in amusement as she noticed him struggling, groaning irritably.

"You're thinking about it too much." Ayame hummed as he glanced at her then the spinner.

"What is there to think about?" He scoffed, once again missing a piece.

"Kakashi, I've known you for a while now. You're thinking about the chances of landing your hand on a spinner which is about a 33 percent chance. You need to rather focus on your sharingan rather than your statistics." She explained, taking another bite. He attempted to do as she said but missed once more and dropped it on the table. He brought his mask down to eat, earning her attention. He chewed the meat with a faint grin at the flavors before slipping his mask on.

"Hey guys." Guy pranced into the restaurant and scooted in beside Ayame, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Kakashi gave him a look, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Hi Guy." Ayame greeted as he took a chicken wing. She stood and allowed herself out the booth, leaning on the table.

"Hey, before you go Tsunade wanted to talk with you two. Something about a mission."

"Mission? The two of us?" Kakashi stood as Guy nodded and rolled his eyes.

"Two not three." He huffed as Ayame rubbed his hair.