short | haiba lev

Ayye it's LEv

____

You had recently joined the volleyball team as the manager. Being a first year that hadn't joined a club, the team was insistent to have you join. More specifically, Taketora Yamamoto, Kuroo Tetsuro as well as one or two more others. 

Nekoma was one of the only teams that didn't have a female manager, as you heard some of the boys say and they were pretty proud that they had managed to you to join. Of course, you didn't just join because you were asked, volleyball was pretty interesting and the team was incredibly fun to be around.

During one of the morning practices, even if you knew a few of them, you were introduced to team, starting with the first years.

"Sou Inuoka!" A boy with spiked up hair said, quite loudly.

"Yuki Shibayama" Another boy spoke.

The rest of the team introduced themselves until they stopped and looked around. Kuroo sighed.

"Now, where the hell is Lev?" he asked while everyone looked around the gym. 

Many people shook their heads and shrugged, making some comments here and there while Yaku was mumbling some things.

Instead of waiting around, everyone got ready to start morning practice. You helped out, passing balls around and such. Around 30 minutes in, you climbed onto the referee stands beside the volleyball net to observe the boys but instead of standing, deciding to sit down would be more comfortable, so that's what you did.

Suddenly, a loud voice was heard, that was followed by the gym door opening. 

"G'morning!! Haiba Lev has arrived!"

Your eyes traveled to the speaker. Your mouthed gaped, even when you were sitting on the volleyball stands, you could tell how tall he was. Despite his large figure, you could already tell how vastly different his appearance and personality was, even if it was the first time you saw him.

"Lev! I keep telling you first years should be early!" Yelled a very annoyed Yaku.

Tilting your head to the side and arching a brow, you observed him. The two bickered and some of the other playing even criticized him. Hearing this caused a small snicker to escape your mouth.

It was then Lev noticed you, his eyes widened in surprised and his mouth parted. "Ohhh who is this?" He asked, looking at you.

You never really looked into his eyes, but instead his built and hair. He was interesting, and different. And really goddamn tall.

"This is (L/n) (y/n), our new manager, so treat her nice!" Yaku responded. You glanced down at Yaku, noticing how short he was compared to Lev. 

"Yaku-san, how short do you think you look from up there?" Lev asked with a chuckle. Yaku retaliated with a hit to the stomach.

This caused you to laugh, stopping the bickering between the two to stop. You wiped a fake tear from your eye and finally looked into Lev's eyes.

"Haiba, you shouldn't say things like that."

His emerald eyes, seemed to bore into yours with such an enthusiastic expression. "C-call me Lev," he answered with a wide smile.

Lev was always called a giant, he always felt tall and he was proud of that. He never felt small, yet here he was, standing in front of the new manager and feeling like Yaku and his other short friends, maybe even smaller. His face tinted a light pink but he never looked away.

__

During the match against Nohebi for the 3rd place and host representative of Tokyo for the Spring High Nationals, you were on the bench, standing instead of sitting. Nekoma had won the first set and It was currently 27-26 for Nekoma in the second match.

Your adrenaline was running, it felt like you were about to have a heart attack.

Kuroo had managed to spike but Nohebi had managed to receive it. Nohebi retaliated with Daishou Suguru spiking. Nekoma received it once again with the ball going straight to Kenma, who went for a fake and set it to Lev, who, surprisingly got the point.

You covered your mouth with your hands and you screamed in joy. You wanted to run to the court and hug everyone, but, you waited. But still hugged the coaches and yelling with excitement.

You felt back for the other team, but at the same time, Nekoma and Nohebi had a rivalry and we beat them, so you couldn't help but be proud of your team.

Finally, the team came running to the benches, with smiles big and bright with excitement and happiness.

"(y/n)!! (y/n)!! Did you see me score! did you see me spike!" Lev said with a huge smile on his face, his face with flushed with red and sweat.

You grabbed a towel and threw it at his face. "Of course I saw it Lev! you were amazing!" You threw your arms around him and rubbed his sweaty hair. "I'm so proud of you!"

Lev removed the towel from his face, his smile still as wide as ever, his face still flushed, but not just from the game.

From standing on the bench, you were just a few centimeters above him, but once again,

He felt small.

But still, his heart swelled with pride.

Your face was so close to him, and his adrenaline pumped even more. Yours and his eyes locked.

This was when you realized how close you were to him, but still feeling excited from the win, you didn't even realize that you gave him a quick peck on the lips before you left to meet the others.

Lev's face was practically the colour of a tomato as he watched you leave.

Your smile and eyes were filled with as much excitement and happiness as everyone else's. Then, suddenly, your face turned red.

You turned around to look back at Lev, who's smile never faltered, in fact, it was probably bigger than before.

And the giant, seemed to stand out more than before.

_________

idek if you guys can understand this becuase i dont even know if i can understand thIS and its so plain but its whatever i guess

idk if i even got him right, y am i so bad at this omg

i lov lev