impress | kenma kozume

!popular reader trying to impress kenma

__

I sat with my group of friends, talking about something uninteresting as I found myself staring off somewhere else. As I gazed around, my eyes landed on a certain pudding-head.

I don't know what it is, but I found myself attracted to him. His features were delicate, he was quiet, a little awkward and completely unlike his friend, Kuroo. I wondered how they got along so well.

Kuroo, was popular; he was attractive, captain of the volleyball team, surprisingly smart considering how dumb he acts. A total package, except his bed head, although, most of the girls like it, even the guys.

I was popular too, I guess you can say. People seemed to like me, and draw attention to me. Being captain of the cheerleading team helped with that too. Even as a second year, I became captain because the third years weren't up to the challenge, at least, that's what the coach thought. Thankfully, they didn't hate me.

Kenma, a setter of the beloved volleyball team and the 'brain', as they called it. He came up with strategies and figured out the way the opposing team was set up. He wasn't as popular as Kuroo because he was so quiet and awkward, but people liked him. He just didn't really like people.

As I stared, I hadn't noticed my friends took notice of my absence in the conversation and instead, focused on my line of sight.

"Ooh~ does someone have a crush on Kuroo Tetsuroo?" One of them asked. Another snickered and nodded her head while clapping her hands together. "I bet she does! But who doesn't?"

I rolled my eyes, "god, no, it's not that." The bell rung and I got up, picking up my things and looked back to the pudding-head, watching him and his friends walk out of the cafeteria. I sighed.

"Oh please, it's no use in lying! It's okay, no need to be so secretive about it." They said again.

I groaned, "I just said that's not it, I swear. If it was, I would tell you guys, it's not that big of a deal." It was true, a lot of girls like Kuroo. If I happened to like him, I'd tell them, no big deal. But it was Kenma, I didn't want to create unnecessary attention drawn to him. Because well, people talk, and unfortunately, I was 'popular' I guess and people tend to take notice at what I do and say. They'd draw attention to Kenma and I know he wouldn't like that. I don't know him that well but I know that much.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it, I don't know.

"Oh fine." They stopped bickering about it. However, I knew my closest friend wouldn't let it go. As soon as the others left and it was just me and (b/f/n), she drew me close. "You do like someone though right?" She asked, quietly.

I sighed, and nodded. "Yes, but it's not Kuroo, I swear."

She nodded vigorously and urged me to continue. I bit my lip, unsure if I should tell her. I did trust her not to tell anyone. "Ugh... it's uhh.." I paused and brought my hands to lips and bit gently on my nails and quickly scanned around before pulling her closer. "It's uh.. Kenma." I said quietly to her ear.

"Oh my god really!?!?" She practically yelled. I quickly hit her, "no need to be so loud about it, damn."

"Yes really, don't tell anyone, obviously."

"He probably doesn't even know my name." Oh god, I'm acting like a middle school kid. I sighed and brought my hands to my face. A little embarrassed.

"Oh shush, I'm sure he does, but you know, always safe to introduce yourself." She paused and squeezed my hand. "He's friends with Kuroo, Kuroo knows you and they're always together! He probably knows you already!" She reassured, but I repeatedly hit her, not too hard.

"Stop being so loud! People are going to know who're you talking about, it's not that hard to figure out." I shook my head. People are bound to find out, somehow.

"What do I do?" I asked.

She hummed, thinking about it as we walked into class and took our seats, next to each other.

"Maybe you can just talk to him, you know?" She said quietly. I sighed. "I don't know, he's always with-" I quickly turned to look around and said, even quieter, " with Kuroo and the volleyball team."

"Well do you have a class with him-" She stopped and quickly looked around and searched for the familiar hair. She slumped in defeat and turned back to face me.

"I would have noticed if he was in here, dummy." She hit me softly and the teacher began the lesson, stopping our conversation to listen. For once.

After class was over we walked to our lockers and she drew me close, once again for the tenth time today. "Maybe, ugh I don't know, if you don't want to talk to him first, maybe tempt him to talk to you? Or something.."

I furrowed my brows, like seduce him? She immediately shook her head, as if she read my mind, "and no, not seduce him... unless you want to-"

"No, stop." She laughed and nodded "I know, I was just teasing." I rolled my eyes and urged her to continue. "I meant like, uhh impress him! Or something.. you know, to draw his attention."

I thought about it for a moment, what would I even do? How would I impress him. Whenever I saw him, his face was stuffed in one of those video games. Whether it was on his phone or maybe a DS.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard loud talking, which sounded a lot like the ace of the volleyball team. I turned around to face the noise.

I immediately searched for Kenma, but I didn't find him. I sighed and leaned against my locker, and looked somewhere else. Until I saw yellow poke out from somewhere and I drew my attention back to them.

Kenma stood beside Kuroo, playing with his DS. I felt my lips curl at the sight of him. I don't know what he found whatever he was playing so interesting, but I knew he liked video games, thanks to Kuroo.

Taketora, caught sight of me and immediately ran to me, going down on his knees and grabbing my hand. He praised me like I was some goddess, calling out compliments like his life depended on it. Although enjoyable, and amusing, I took my hand away. "Tora, unless you want to be stepped on like trash, I suggest you get up."

And I wasn't talking about me, his team was getting closer and they'd probably walk all over him.

"The goddess cares!" He shouted, and I winced at how loud he was. The team came closer and Kuroo grabbed him by the collar and dragged him. "Came to pick up the trash." Kuroo spoke and I laughed.

I glanced at Kenma who was looking up, and we shared eye contact. I immediately turned around and stuffed my head in my locker and felt my face get hot. Oh god, what a way to make an impression (y/n).

____

I wrote this instead of doing homework, 10/10 don't recommend

I write a lot with like, nothing going on I'm sorry ahhh

_

newer a/n

i wrote this a couple months ago lol i just wanted to post it just so ya know i'm still here
maybe i'll make a part two of this, because i did have an idea but i forgot, but it does kinda fit in as a one shot lol

i promise i'll get better at writing lol i'm just so.. unpracticed?