i thought | kageyama tobio

Oh shIt KAgeyama

___

You had a huge crush on Kageyama, but you didn't know what to do. You were friends with the guy and hung out with him along with Hinata. You had shared lots of moments with him. But the dimwit had no idea.

At the moment, you were waiting for Kageyama to finish his volleyball practice. You were walking home together since you live fairly close to one another, and you have been walking home for a while. Which was one of the reasons why you had started to like him.

As you were watching, Hinata and Kageyama had started to fight. You only sighed, shook your head and gave a little laugh.

The two were always bickering about something, at the moment it was about Kageyama purposely hitting Hinata in the face with the ball.

As you continued to watch the two, Kageyama got really close to Hinata.

Now that you thought about it, Kageyama and Hinata were always together and always really close to each other. This was a normal thing for them.

Your mouth gaped opened as you watched and you scratched your cheek. "Ah" you said to yourself quietly.

After practice was over, you waited for Kageyama outside the gym. Kageyama then came out, holding Hinata's arm. "Wait, I gotta talk to Hinata real quick." He stated before going to the side of the gym while dragging Hinata.

You sighed and gave a nod, "okay I'll wait here."

After a minute, you quietly snuck over to the side, peeking on the two boys. Kageyama was blushing furiously, one of his hands covered his mouth. Hinata was standing there with a shocked look on his face.

"K-k-kageyama, y-you, y-you-"

"Baka Hinata! I know!" Kageyama interrupted, "and don't talk so loud!"

"Oh, sorry!" Hinata said, covering his mouth with both hands.

After that,  you quietly went back to your original spot and waited once again. After another few minutes Kageyama and Hinata walked towards you, both with nervous and flustered expressions.

"W-well, I'll s-see you around! Kageyama! (y/n)!" Hinata then took off dashing towards his bike.

Kageyama sighed, his expression calmed but still held that nervous expression. "Let's go" he spoke. You nodded and you both started walking.

There was an uncomfortable silence, and you were dying to ask what happened and why Kageyama was acting so strangely. "Kageyama? did something happen? You can tell me you know" you said quietly. "I'm not gonna judge you or anything.."

"I know" Kageyama said with a gruff voice.

You only sighed, silence taking over once again.

As you neared your house, Kageyama slowed down and as soon as you reached the front of your house, he stopped.

You stopped and turned to face him. "Kageyama" you said. You finally got enough confidence to ask him. You took a deep breath. You were gonna do it, you were gonna ask him.

"Can I ask you something?" You both said simultaneously.

"O-oh, uh you can go first" you nervously laughed and rubbed the back of your head. Kageyama nodded.

"Well, uh.. I- uhh, you see, I-I l-like uh.. I like-"

As you urged him on to continue, realization struck you.

"Wait!" you interrupted "maybe.. maybe I should go first"

Kageyama sighed in relief and nodded.

"Alright." You took a deep breath to calm your nerves. You glanced at him one more time before looking at the ground. "Kageyama.. I like you!" You paused and took another deep breath, "and I understand that you probably don't like me, b-because-"

This time, Kageyama interrupted you, but with a kiss.

Your eyes widen in shock and he pulled away.

"I thought you were gay" you whispered.

This time, Kageyama was in shock.

"W-why would you think that?" he asked, confusion still evident on his face. "I thought that..I thought.." You paused, and the real realization struck you. "I thought that you were confessing-"

"I was confessing!" He interrupted again.

"No no no no, I thought you were confessing to like Hinata!"

Kageyama wildly shook his head "I was confessing to you dumbass!"

Your lips curved up into a smile before you burst out laughing. "I can't believe.. I can't believe I thought that.." You stopped, laughing even more. "I can't believe.." You managed to choke you "I can't believe you actually" You stopped, trying to calm down and catch your breath. "That you actually like me back" you finally got out.

Kageyama's face was red, from embarrassment and anger. He grabbed your face and pulled you in for another kiss. This time, you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed back.

"I, am not gay, and I do not like Hinata" he said before pulling you in for another kiss.

It was all the convincing you needed. For now.

_____________

Lmao I liked the idea for this one, 10/10 would bet this would happen.

just so you know, i'm not discriminating against anyone so pls don't attack me.