Chapter Seventeen

"Jackie, why do you want me to go to this thing with you? Why are you going out with Gavin?" Vixen asked her friend, frustrated and confused. Jackie had called her the day before and asked her to go to Samantha's dinner party with her. Gavin had asked her to come. Vixen had been astounded, to say the least, to hear that Jackie was seeing Gavin Reedman. The only thing about Gavin that was Jackie's type was his wallet.

"Because you know how I can be sometimes and people don't like me. I think you might be the only person in the world that does and I want to make a good impression on Gavin's friends," Jackie said whining.

They were sitting in Jackie's sitting room looking at all the styles that her stylist had put together for her to pick from to wear for the event. Jackie had been married four times. Two of her husbands had been older than God and had died shortly after getting married, leaving a wealth of money to her. Her other two had been young, sexy and wealthy and had not cared one bit for Jackie. So now her friend was standing here telling her that she was dating Gavin, a sweet teddy bear of a guy who married for love and married for life, who was known for serving his country and getting a purple heart and loving children. Jackie expected Vixen to believe that she was interested in him.

"Jackie, what are you doing with Gavin?" Vixen asked her friend softly with a look of concern and disappointment on her face.

"What? He asked me out and I went. What is wrong with that?" Jackie said pointing out three outfits she wanted to keep.

"Jackie, Gavin is a good guy I need you not to be you this time. If you are thinking of being with him to get his money, please don't. This is a man that will marry you and give you a family. You cannot be this heartless," Vixen was getting more and more upset at the thought of her planning to hurt a kind man. She knew that she was probably more sensitive to that after what had happened with Daniel.

"Vixen, I can understand why you would feel that way. But I honestly like him. I didn't expect to and it started out how you are thinking but I really do like him, V. He is kind to me and he is interested in what I have to say and what I am thinking and not just about sex and lingerie. Vixen, we have not even had sex. He doesn't want to, he wants to wait," Jackie said smiling. She had a look of wonder on her face that Vixen had never seen. 'She really likes him,' Vixen thought.

"Wow, so this is what it is like when you are yourself, huh? I knew she was in there somewhere. I am very happy for you, Jackie and just because I love you to pieces, I am going to go to the dinner with you," Vixen said to her friend

A squeal came from Jackie and she started to clap excitedly. "Oh, thank you so much, Vixen" she screamed, hugging her friend.

"Alright, woman, let go of me. You have been hanging around Camille too much," Vixen said jokingly getting her purse. "I will meet you at the office tomorrow at eight o'clock, okay?"

"The office? Vixen, you are not going to even try and dress up?" Jackie said with a disappointed look on her face.

Vixen held up her hand for her friend to stop talking. "Jackie, my office is practically an apartment. I will be ready," she said and gave her a quick hug and left.

"I can't do this. I am going to have an anxiety attack before we even get to their house. I am not ready to see Daniel yet!" Vixen was freaking out looking in the mirror in her office talking to Nya and Phoenix.

"And how did I ever let you convince me to wear this?!" she said, turning to her cousin. Phoenix had brought her a black one piece form fitting jumpsuit with a low cut v-neck in the front that forced her to not wear a bra and a drape back. She had her hair up in a punk rock type of pony tail and silver spike stilettos and a silver tear drop necklace and bangle bracelets. She looked sexy as hell and she knew it. But she was still freaking out about seeing him.