Chapter Twenty Five

The setting for Vixen and Daniel's four-day affair was the breathtaking, heart-stopping backdrop of Lake Como in Italy. Though the ceremony itself was the main attraction for the 300 adults and 120 children who attended their wedding, their planner created a gorgeous array of celebrations for the travelers at carefully chosen venues to showcase the best the lake region had to offer.

An intimate family dinner at Il Gato Nero, a hideaway perched atop a mountain, started the festivities on Thursday night. With its magnificent views of the lake and cozy cuisine, the event hinted at the themes and amazing details that would awe their guests in the coming days.

On Friday, a rehearsal dinner was held at the stunning Casta Diva Resort, a private villa-turned-hotel reached by boat after an eye-opening tour of the lake. Dining in the garden overlooking the lake was charming and romantic. The tables were decorated with centerpieces of fragrant pots of rosemary, sage, and mint. After dinner and some fun toasts, the guests made their way back to the luxurious accommodations on the other side of the lake at The Grand Hotel Tremezzo, a five-star palace with panoramic views of the Grigne Mountains that cradle the lake.

The weekend reached a crescendo with Saturday's wedding at the Villa del Balbianello, a pristine property only reachable by boat. That's where, under a lush floral arbor of purple and white roses and hydrangeas, the madly in love couple exchanged their vows. For the ceremony, Vixen wore a Sweetheart Mermaid Gown in Silk Charmeuse mermaid gown which featured a sweetheart neckline with a dropped waist in silk Charmeuse and beaded embroidery. It had a chapel train and spaghetti straps. Daniel wore a black silk Giorgio Armani Tuxedo. Cocktails were served to celebrate the newly betrothed in the portico. Adults enjoyed a jazz trio, with the groom's father on sax, while enjoying delicious appetizers and Franciacorta Bella Vista sparkling wine. Meanwhile, the children delighted in a scavenger hunt on the manicured grounds.

As the sun set, their guests were lead to a stunning dinner reception in a clear tent overlooking the lake. They were seated under crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling over gorgeous long tables dressed in baby pink linens with gray linen runners. The exquisite tables were anchored with matte gray candelabras and matching matte gray candles. Arrangements of roses and sweet peas with an abundance of sparkling votive candles filled the spaces in between. Vixen changed into a Silver Pnina Tornai V-neck Sheath Gown in Silk Chiffon. The sheath gown featured a V-neck neckline with a dropped waist in silk chiffon and beaded embroidery. It had a chapel train and a tank top.

For dinner, guests were served a meal that included truffle and prawn risotto, lamb chops or branzino en papillote. One of Vixen's favorite moments was when she looked around the table and noticed the candles had burned half way down, the wine had taken its effect and everyone at the table had a smile wrapped two and a half times around their faces.

Later, guests continued to a second tent for dancing with a great DJ they brought with them from New York. There they had a little something for everyone. For those with a sweet tooth, an Italian candy bar. For those craving something more adult, they offered hookah pipes. With all the dancing and celebrating, they were prepared for appetites to kick back in. They were ready with a midnight menu of French fries, milkshakes and even meatballs in tomato sauce. A good (and delicious) night was had by all.

l